4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2014 2:37 PM by SYL4321 RSS

No AIRPLAY function in V3.2 Upgrade

Bazza Newbie

Is this another Slingmedia botched upgrade or has Slingmedia dropped AIRPLAY functionality? Can someone from Slingmedia make a statement.

• Re: No AIRPLAY function in V3.2 Upgrade
          kydjl

Also having an AirPlay issue with v3.2 update.

Two releases or so prior, I was able to view video on the iPad Air while synced audio played on an audio-only AirPlay input (speakers).

Problem: Now, when I chose the same AirPlay speakers as before, the app sends not only the audio, but it also attempts to send video content to the AirPlay device even though the selected AirPlay device supports only audio.

I've attempted restarting the app but not re-installing it.

kydjl

Another user reports from Sling tech support that only AppleTV is supported for AirPlay going forward.

Unacceptable.  Either embrace the AirPlay standard in its entirety or don't.  No more of this.  I hope this new user report is inaccurate.

Two versions prior on the iPad Air SlingBox app, watching video on the iPad w/ synced audio over AirPlay worked beautifully.  What happened in this most recent update?  Glad iPad Air support was regained but why the trade-offs in AirPlay functionality?

SYL4321

I use the SlingPlayer and AirPlay the same way as user "kydjl" in that I watch the video on my iPad and the listen to the audio through external speakers using AirPlay via an Apple AirPort.  It appears that the SlingPlayer can't distinguish AirPlay via an Apple AirPort verus AirPlay via an Apple TV.  Now because of release 3.2, I no longer get the video on my ipad, which worked perfectly prior to this update.  There are evidently some steps that can be taken to restore the iPad so that it has the older version of SlingPlayer.  I've passed on doing this and hope that this is something that will be fixed on a future release.

Bazza Newbie

From what others have said on the forum that their App has Airplay I could only conclude that there was some reason that my Slingplayer App did not have Airplay. Apple suggested my Apple TV might not be broadcasting itself on the network. I did a cold restart of my Apple TV and once it registered on the network the Airplay function in Slingplayer then turned on!