5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 9, 2014 9:19 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Unable to Load Custom BIN file for remote

I am trying to configure my Slingbox Solo to work with ZON TV in Portugal.  I have the Pace DCR8151/24 set top box but when I try to upload the bin file either through browser or the actual Slingbox desktop app V2.0.4.522.  I receive the same error that the BIN file is not valid.

I obtained the file for the remote from this post https://community.sling.com/message/55405#55405 and http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10107  I have attached all 3 files I have attempted to use and all error out when trying to update them.

When I use the web I enter in the path to where I have placed the BIN file but receive an error  that the BIN file is not valid.

If I try using the Slinbox application and placing the BIN files in the SBAV folder then enter in the BIN file name I receive an error that Remote Code is not valid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

• Re: Unable to Load Custom BIN file for remote
          alanrichey42 Master
          When I use the web I enter in the path to where I have placed the BIN file but receive an error  that the BIN file is not valid

The error message is wrong.   It actually means it can't find the BIN file, not that it is invalid.   Where EXACTLY are you putting the BIN file and what EXACTLY are you typing in ?

If I use the Slingplayer application I placed the bin files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV and then select Custom on the remote configuration as the instructions listed here http://support.slingbox.com/get/kb-1000218.html and I receive the error.  And I only enter in the name of the files minus the .bin at the end.

If I try to load via the web I followed these directions for the legecay boxes http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-1000320.html and enter in the full path to the file as we.

Thanks for your help!!

alanrichey42 Master

Obviously your definition of EXACTLY is completely different to mine   That answer doesn't help at all.

Here is an example of the type of answer I wanted when I asked for an EXACT description:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I placed the S2010_PL.BIN file into a folder called   C:\Remotes\

I then typed in the Path/Filename     C:\Remotes\S2010_PL.BIN

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now what is your answer ?

Al

Since I have tried uploading in two different ways Application and Web I have the BIN files in two locations.

The BIN file for the Slingbox App is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV\C2010_PL.bin which is the directions they have posted.

If I am uploading via the web I also copied the files to the root of the C drive to make it easier so the full path would be C:\C2010_PL.bin

alanrichey42 Master

OK, I don't advise anyone using the standalone player any more as Sling have made the process quite easy in the Web Player.   You appear to be doing it correctly, but apparently you are doing something wrong.

First thing is you mention C2010_PL-3.BIN ?   No idea where you found that but it will be useless, as the filename is of a fixed format.

So I have taken the C2010_PL.BIN file you posted and installed it on my Solo.  Here is the result:

Like you I put it in the root location

Image1.jpg

Then I ran the setup.  Here is the  first screen

So I clicked on the 'supported devices' link and got this screen, and selected Cable TV Box and Custom

Clicking on Next gives me this screen and I typed in C:\C2010_PL.BIN

I then tapped on the Test button and got this

As you can see, no error message and it happily starts to install the remote.

So are you doing anything differently ?    If not and you still get the error message then there is a problem with your Skingbox so I would try a reset,

Al