3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 16, 2014 2:24 AM by Bazza RSS

HDS-600RS

uk1

I am wary of updating the latest ipad app because my HDS-600RS is currently working with the older version app.  Is any HDS-600RS owners currently using the latest app version?  I also use the HD Slingbox.

Are there any benefits to updating the app, or should I continue to ignore the update warnings and stay with the older version?

Thanks.

• Re: HDS-600RS
          Bazza Newbie

I have an HDS-600RS and I just tried it with V3.2 update. This  does not stream correctly. The frame rate looks like 1 frame per second and this is running on a locl network!  The video stream is all jerky. The AUTO function is now enabled but that is of no value as the video stream frame rate is too low. I have not looked yet to see if there is a firmware update for the HDS-600RS. If you are working on the previous version then you might want to avoid the V3.2 upgrade. V3.2 also has no AIRPLAY function.

uk1

Thanks! I'm confused as I am on version V 2.4.4!  I guess I should stay put!  I wonder why they do not warn ownes of the box not to update?

Bazza Newbie

There have been 3 updates since v.2.4.4. v3.0, v3.1 and v3.2. I have v2.4.4 working on a iPad 3 so if yours is working I would not update it.