7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2014 2:15 PM by anthony.sling RSS

No HQ since update

brohmer Newbie

Since the new update there is just the option of SD and auto. Why is this. Hope you are fixing this.

• Re: No HQ since update
          Bazza Newbie

I just upgraded to V3.2 and I have HD option and it works! However AIRPLAY has disappeared which really cheeses me off because there is no mention of this in the upgrade notes. The only reason for me to upgrade was to cure the login issue. I will be deinstalling V3.2 because AIRPLAY is more useful that having to keep logging in. The 3 years of SLINGPLAYER purgatory goes on...............

brohmer Newbie

Strange. I have airplay but no HD

Bazza Newbie

I am wondering if there is a pattern here if some users have Airplay but no HD and others have HD but no Airplay. I have v3.2 installed on an ipad air. I also the same result with a new ipad mini. I get an arrow in the bottom RH corner which reveals a red button, LAST button, and EXIT button. There was no mention of ths in the update notes although there was a note about remote control issues for some users.

ACC5119695

Same here. The only options I have are "Automatic," "SD," and "Audio Only."

anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey brohmer,

This feature was removed from the iPad in the SlingPlayer application for iPad version 3.2. If you had adequete bandwidth at the Slingbox location, and the viewing location, as well as a strong connection to the WiFi that the iPad is connected to it will stream in high definition when "Auto" is selected for the quaity setting.

Best Regards,

Anthony

Sling Media Moderation Team

Bazza Newbie

Anthony,

Thank you for responding but it does strike me that Sling could have averted the concerns by including what you have reported in the upgrade notes.

That said how do you explain that myself and others have lost the Airplay facility? The HQ option is still present in my version and I can stream in HQ, so is your explanation entirely correct?  Is it not the case that if you meet all the criteria for HQ streaming as you describe that the option appears? 

It does appear to me looks to me that this is yet another update from Sling that has not been fully tested. Why else have some users  lost the Airplay facility? I have deleted the App and done a fresh install but I still have no Airplay.