8 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2014 1:43 PM by mybetrayal RSS

no sling player in app store :-(

mybetrayal

i cant install on my Sony TV because the slingplayer app only appears on phones and tablets.

Am I missing something?

• Re: no sling player in app store :-(
          callanish Apprentice

unless it's one of Sony's Google TV's, pretty much every smart tv, at this point, are incompatible with the slingplayer. I think LG has a tv with a built in slingplayer, but for you, you'd need a connected device along with your Sony TV to have slingplayer access.

leanne.sling Newbie

Hi mybetrayal,

Thank you for posting to the forums! I understand you are trying to watch the Slingbox on a remote TV, I would be happy to offer some suggestions! As the previous user stated there is not SlingPlayer app to download directly onto a smart TV. You will need a connected device in order to watch on a remote TV. There are connected devices that already have the SlingPlayer app pre loaded.

Here are some articles discussing the connected devices that are compatible with the Slingbox:

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team - Leanne

mybetrayal

Sorry for the confusion; I do have a connected device. (I think)

My setup is;

HD-3D LG TV

Echostar DTB/DVR

and

Sony NSZ-GS7 Internet Streaming Player Powered by Google TV™

The NSZ-GS7 seems to be listed in your connected devices list?

The NSZ-GS7 runs a version android and I have signed into the google app store. But there is no SlingPlayer in the searches.

I have purchased the SlingPlayer app for my HTC mobile (also Android) and this works fine. I can locate the App on the Sony NSZ-GS7 if I look in the "My Apps" section of the Google Play store, however it tells me the App is not compatible with the device.

The NSZ-GS7 comes bundled with Google Chrome and there are no other browsers available for some reason, the version of Chrome does not support the Flash required on the Sling box web player.

Thanks for your help Leanne - re-reading my first post it was lacking some crucial information.

leanne.sling Newbie

Hi mybetrayal,

Thank you for the additional information.  Yes the Sony NSZ-GS7 model is compatible with the Slingbox. I would suggest you try using the Spotlight app under all apps on the connected device to search for the SlingPlayer app.

Please let me know if you are unable to find the SlingPlayer app.

Kind regards,

The Sling Moderation Team - Leanne

mybetrayal

Thanks Guys!

Missing spot light icon but the app / player is on the link provided!