2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2014 3:32 AM by ACC5859970 RSS

Remote Control Only Mode for SlingPlayer for iPhone and iPad

ACC5859970

My Slingbox is connected to the only Cable TV device I have which in installed in my living room. Thus, one way I often use my Slingbox for is to watch my Cable TV on my bedroom. I have my MacBook Air connected to my bedroom TV set and I use SlingPlayer Web to display the Slingbox stream on it. It works really nice. However, when I want to change, lets say, the channel, I have to stand up and go to my MacBook and change that there. I am wondering how great it could be if the SlingPlayer app I already have on my iPad could have a "Remote Control Only" mode. That is, in this mode, I would not use my iPad to watch the Slingbox stream but I would use only the virtual remote control to control the Slingbox so that it would not disconnect another active device already receiving the Slingbox stream (in my example my MacBook Air running SlingPlayer Web). Hopefully, this would be very easy to do as I believe that everything you need to do that is already inside the SlingPlaye app for iPad and IPhone.

• Re: Remote Control Only Mode for SlingPlayer for iPhone and iPad
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey ACC5859970,

This function has been added to the SlingPlayer for iPad. When in Gallery or Guide on the iPad, click on the channel you wish to tune to and it should give you an option to connect on the iPad or change the channel on TV. The TV option would be the other device you are viewing on, or if you are in the same room as the Slingbox it would be the TV the Slingbox is connected.

Below is a link that will be able to further explain this feature:

Best Regards,

Anthony
          Sling Media Moderation Team

• Re: Remote Control Only Mode for SlingPlayer for iPhone and iPad
              ACC5859970

Dear Anthony,

Thanks for your answer. However, I am afraid that the features, Guide and Gallery, that are mentioned in your email and in the document you referred to in your email are not available in SlingPlayer in Brazil.

Hopefully, they will be released here soon.

Best regards,

Alex

Enviado via iPad

Em 09/02/2014, às 20:35, "anthony.sling" <answers@slingmedia.com> escreveu:

Slingbox Answers Forum

Remote Control Only Mode for SlingPlayer for iPhone and iPad

reply from anthony.sling in SlingPlayer for Mobile Devices Enhancement Requests - View the full discussion

Hey ACC5859970,

This function has been added to the SlingPlayer for iPad. When in Gallery or Guide on the iPad, click on the channel you wish to tune to and it should give you an option to connect on the iPad or change the channel on TV. The TV option would be the other device you are viewing on, or if you are in the same room as the Slingbox it would be the TV the Slingbox is connected.

Below is a link that will be able to further explain this feature:

Using SlingPlayer for iPad (v.3) as a remote control

Best Regards,

Anthony

Sling Media Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in SlingPlayer for Mobile Devices Enhancement Requests at Slingbox Answers Forum