5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2011 11:56 PM by ddmcc RSS

TiVo Premiere XL - no audio

RJP11

I just bought a TiVo Premiere XL to replace my Cisco/Comcast RNG200. In trying to set up the TiVo, I didn't see any specific profile for the Premiere XL and chose "Other" and code 1. All appears to be perfect except I am receiving no video at all.

I have the Slingbox Pro, and add the HD Connect to it.

Am connecting via component cables since there are no HDMI ports on the HD Connect or the Slingbox Pro.

I would assume that there are other TiVo Premiere XL owners using Slingboxes. If so, what profiles are you using, if you are getting sound/video ok?

Any help on the sound issue would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: TiVo Premiere XL - no audio
          eferz Expert

I recommend in checking if there is any output from the component cables while the HDMI cables are connected.  The Slingbox can only rebroadcast the output it receives.  Unfortunately, there is no standard in interoperability across manufacturers while using both digital and analog outputs.  Some set-top boxes will disable analog outputs the HDMI is used.

btw... the title says audio but the body says video.  I'm assuming the later is your issue.

RJP11

> I recommend in checking if there is any output from the component cables while the HDMI cables are connected.  The Slingbox can only rebroadcast the output it receives.  Unfortunately, there is no standard in interoperability across manufacturers while using both digital and analog outputs.  Some set-top boxes will disable analog outputs the HDMI is used.

REPLY: I do not have any HDMI cables connected.

Starting at the TiVo Premiere XL, I am using component cables and A/V cables to run from the TiVo to the Slingbox Pro with HD Connect.

From the Slingbox to my TV, I am likewise using component cables to get the video to the TV. While I do have the A/V cables run from the Slingbox to the TV, I am also running digital audio from my TiVo to Denon A/V receiver and listening to audio through external speakers and NOT the TV speaker.

I apologize for not including this information in my original post.

I might add that my present hookup as described above is exactly as I previously hooked up with my Comcast/Cisco DVR and a different TV. I received both audio and video under that set up. That is why I thought that the problem might lie with there not being any specific profile for the TiVo Premiere XL.

> btw... the title says audio but the body says video.  I'm assuming the latter is your issue.

My bad. Video is fine, audio is non-existent.

Thanks for the quick response.

foamman

I have a sneaky suspicion that the lack of audio is caused by the digital audio connection from the Tivo to the receiver. It is most likely a setting on the Tivo that is pushing all audio to the digital connection and shutting down the analog connections.

RJP11

Moved my entertainment center out and disconnected the digital audio cable. Still no audio on the Slingbox and when I set the TV to use the internal speaker rather than the external A/V receiver, I found that the A/V cables had disconnected from the back of the TiVo.

That is why no audio on either the Slingbox and the TV's internal speakers.

Late 2010 resolution: straighten out the spaghetti mix of cables behind the entertainment center.

The boy who called wolf.

ddmcc

I think I know the solution for you because tonight I just fixed the  same issue - TiVo box and no audio. I have a similar hardware setup  (coxial > Tivo Premiere > HD Pro > TV, etc...).

In the desktop setup assistant:

Hope that helps.