1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 10, 2010 5:44 AM by eferz RSS

Question about slinglink

ayumol1

Hi. I'm not very familiar with how slingbox works exactly and I'm debating whether or not I want to get a slingbox solo or an HD. My main reason for getting the HD would be so that I could connect both my cable and my DVR to my slingbox so that I can watch both on my computer. I was wondering if connecting the 4 port slinglink would allow me to connect to both or if I would need to buy the HD to be able to access the two.

Thank you.    

• Re: Question about slinglink
          eferz Expert

If you want to connect multiple devices to a Slingbox then the Slingbox Pro-HD is the way to go.  Provided that three devices are unique; analog (S-Video/Composite), digital (component), and ANT IN.  The only cavaet to hooking up multiple devices to a single Slingbox is  that one person has access.

http://www.slingbox.com/props/CP/3185/65/slingbox-prohd-connections.jpg

Its depends on what you want in functionality for how you're gonna set it up.  So, here's a comparison between the Solo and the Pro-HD in case you are interested in buying two.  This might help you decide on your options.

Selecting the Right Slingbox is Easy

SLINGBOX PRO-HD

Watch and control multiple devices - including your  standard- or  high-definition DVR, digital cable, satellite receiver, or  DVD player -  from anywhere on your computer or mobile phone.

SLINGBOX SOLO

Watch and control either your favorite standard-definition  (SD)  or high-definition (HD) source from anywhere, whether it's your   satellite receiver, digital cable, DVR, or DVD player.

FEATURES
          SLINGBOX PRO-HD
          SLINGBOX SOLO

Watch  and control live or recorded TV from any PC, Mac desktop or laptop  computer
          dot dot

Watch  and control live or recorded TV from compatible mobile phones
          dot dot

Connect  any Standard Definintion (SD) or High Definition (HD) television device  - cable/satellite set-top box, DVR, DVD player or Media Center
          dot dot

Streams  Standard Definition
          dot dot

Streams  High Definition
          dot

Built-in  tuner avoids conflict with viewers at home
          dot

Built-in  analog & HD digital (Clear QAM) cable tuner
          dot

Built-in  analog & HD digital (ATSC) antenna tuner
          dot

Connect  and control multiple audio / video sources
          dot

Digital  audio inputs
          dot

As far as the SlingLink goes, its an accessory for the Slingboxes.  It functions as a Ethernet bridge over power lines.  Its one way to allow connectivity of the Slingbox in a remote location without using Ethernet cables or WiFi.  It uses HomePlug 1.0 Turbo Compatible, so its will work PowerLine Network adapters.