2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2011 5:19 AM by jkorlove RSS

very slow streaming bitrate

ACC1100741

I have an older sling box solo hooked to network using sling media and a newer sling box solo direct connected to the router; no problems for a year.  I changed service providers and got a new router, with same set up as described above.  Now the newer solo that is direct connected gets a streaming bitrate of up to 3000 kbps (AWESOME!)but the one connected through the electrical wires only get up to 250 kbps (BUMMER).  What can I do to fix it?

• Re: very slow streaming bitrate
          eferz Expert

ACC1100741 wrote:

I have an older sling box solo hooked to network using sling media and a newer sling box solo direct connected to the router; no problems for a year.  I changed service providers and got a new router, with same set up as described above.  Now the newer solo that is direct connected gets a streaming bitrate of up to 3000 kbps (AWESOME!)but the one connected through the electrical wires only get up to 250 kbps (BUMMER).  What can I do to fix it?

Sounds like there's a problem with the Powerline Network Adapter or perhaps there's a noisy device in electric circuit of your home.  Its pretty difficult to tell without moving the Powerline Network Adapter and the corresponding Silngbox hardware around.  My suggestion is to first test the Slingbox by swapping it with the Slingbox that's working "AWESOME!"  That will help you determine if the problem is with the Slingbox or the Powerline Adapter.

If you still suspect the Powerline Network Adapter, then I recommend that you move the Powerline Adapater and the Slingbox closer to the to the router as possible.  Achieving better results wiyou can eliminate the problem with the PowerLine Adapter.  You'll then need to use a process of elimination of unplugging things to determine which device is creating the noise.

• Re: very slow streaming bitrate
              jkorlove

I am having a similar problem. I am overseas as well so my slingbox is back in the U.S. My bitrate has always been around 800-1000, but now it's hovering between 200 - 300. It has been like this for two days. How can I fix it?