2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2014 6:23 AM by genenagel RSS

How do I connect sling box if I don't have a cable box?

genenagel

I don't have a cable box.  It is a standard coaxial cable that goes directly into my TV.  It does not first connect to a box.  How do I connect my Slingbox when I have a coaxial connection?

Thanks...

• Re: How do I connect sling box if I don't have a cable box?
          alanrichey42 Master

1.   But a Slingbox Pro-HD, it has a built-in tuner with a coax input

2.   Take the RCA Composite (yellow.red.white) output from the TV if it has it.  Downside to that is you would have to have the TV on to use the Slingbox.

3.   Buy (or get from attic) something with a built-in Tuner, like an old VCR.   Plug coax into that and use the RCA output to drive the Slingbox.

• Re: How do I connect sling box if I don't have a cable box?
              genenagel

thank you - very helpful...

Note: Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message (and/or any attachments) and may be subject to legal privilege. Access to this e-mail by anyone other than the intended is unauthorized.  You may not use, copy, distribute or deliver this message (or any part of its contents) to anyone or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message by mistake, you should delete it and notify us immediately. The views, opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this electronic mail or any attachments are not given or endorsed by T.E.A.M. Support, LLC, but are merely an exchange of information.  T.E.A.M. Support, LLC is an independent consulting company and therefore only provides information, communication, concepts, programs and plans for companies, hospitals, clients or associated parties to review and consider.  T.E.A.M. Support, LLC is not an agent of, or authorized to transact business, enter into agreements, or otherwise make commitments on behalf of companies, hospitals, clients or associated parties.  T.E.A.M. Support, LLC, makes no claims or guarantees and all decisions and actions are solely and exclusively made by companies, hospitals, clients or associated parties.