4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 4, 2014 5:15 PM by bbbrundige RSS

Sound is choppy and out of sync with the video

1937brian

With a new 350, within my home network, viewing on my Windows Vista PC.  The picture is good, but the sound is choppy and out of sync with the video (1/2 to 2 seconds).  Removing H/W acceleration seems to have no effect.

• Re: Sound is choppy and out of sync with the video
          Jason.G.Sling Newbie

Hello 1937brian,

Im sorry to hear your having trouble with out of sync audio and choppy video. Is this happening at all remote location? I would check your speeds at location your watching the slingbox from on Speedtest.net. Your have to be meeting the minimum requirements of 2.0mbps in Upload and Download. I would also try new Audio cables with the slingbox in to cablebox out.

Thanks for posting,

Jason

• Re: Sound is choppy and out of sync with the video
            bbbrundige

I had same problem, sound is choppy and out of sync with video, and video was slow motion.  I had just upgraded Directv service and upgraded to whole-house Genie, so I thought this was the cause.  After a number of troubleshooting attempts, including a reset, I noticed the resolution on the Directv receiver my 350 is connected to had been changed to 1080i, so I changed it back to 720p.  This solved the problem immediately.  I'm guessing there was a conflict with down converting 1080 to 720 (is 720p the maximum resolution for the 350? I don't know, should have checked that before I replied to this post) I should also mention that I recently upgraded my internet service from DSL to cable.  This probably had the biggest impact on the quality of my streaming than anything else I could have ever done.  The difference is stunning!  The upload speed of my cable connection is almost 20 times greater than my DSL service.