1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 23, 2014 1:30 PM by katie.sling RSS

Slingbox cannot connect to my S3 outside home, I have a dynamic IP at home

gerardoluna

At home I have a dynamic IP, I have open ports (5001). I need help, step by step for beginners, also I have a dlink host because I hearded i need one. I dont know what else to do. It's works using my home network but it doesnt work outside home. I tried to go to sling support to find a live chat or something but only I found a number to call. I'm outside of US and I would like to get support by a live chat or skype. really appreciate

• Re: Slingbox cannot connect to my S3 outside home, I have a dynamic IP at home
          katie.sling Apprentice

Hello gerardoluna,

Thanks for using our forums. Sorry to hear you are having issues connecting to your Slingbox outside the network. In order to connect to the Slingbox outside the network, you will need a static IP address. Which type of Slingbox do you have? The 350 and 500 should automatically set up the Internet Viewing as long as UPnP is enabled in your router. With the older units, you would need to manually set the port forwarding to be able to view outside the network. You would need to set the static IP address (since with dynamic, the IP changes every time the Slingbox tries to connect) and port (5001, 5002, 8080, or 443). You can also follow the website www.portforward.com for more help.

Hope this helps,

Katie

The Sling Moderation Team