3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2014 3:21 PM by jeremy.sling RSS

When I try to connect to my Pro HD, all I  get is a "black" screen. Why?

bobtarnow

When I try to connect to my Pro HD, all I  get is a "black" screen. Why?

• Re: When I try to connect to my Pro HD, all I  get is a "black" screen. Why?
          katie.sling Apprentice

Hi bobtarnow,

Thanks for using the forums. I can see how frustrating a black screen would be.

It sounds like your cable box may be off causing the blank screen. All you would need to do is power up the cable box using the power button on the virtual remote.

Hope this helps,

Katie

The Sling Moderation Team

bobtarnow

thanks, but the cable box is on.

bob

jeremy.sling

Hey there bobtarnow,

In order to better assist you with isolating this particular problem, we would need to ask you for a bit more information about your setup; just respond to the following questions at your leisure, and we will be happy to work with you to get this issue resolved :

• What sort of SlingPlayer client are you using to view your programming? Are you viewing on your computer, tablet, smartphone, etc... the more information that we can gather about the devices you've been using, the better we can help you.
                  • If you are experiencing this problem on your computer, what operating system and browser version are you using?
                  • Lastly, are you accessing the Slingbox from a remote location or are you experiencing this issue at home?

Like I said before, the more information we can get about your setup the better we can assist you. Feel free answer this whenever you get the chance and we will get to the bottom of this for you.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Jeremy

The Sling Moderation Team