2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2014 4:18 PM by Bfrields RSS

My Slingbox does not connect properly

Bfrields

When I first start my slingbox, the video is horizontal lines and bars, but i do receve audio.  If I start on my iPhone, I change the quality to Standard and it normally fixes the video.  I can then change back to Auto and it works.  If I start on my computer, first, and attempt to change the quality, it often doesn't correct the problem.  So I go back to my iPhone start the Slingbox, change the Quality, get a picture, and then can go back to my computer and restart and the picture is fine.  The problem only occurs on startup and the Quality option corrects.

Any configuration suggestions?

• Re: My Slingbox does not connect properly
          Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello Bfriends,

What type of Slingbox and connection are you using? Component, HDMI? Also, have you tried resetting your Slingbox? If not, please do a reset and let me know if the issue persists.

This article walks you through the reset process: How to reset your Slingbox to factory settings

Thanks,

Matt

• Re: My Slingbox does not connect properly
              Bfrields

I reset my sling box 500 and the problem still persists. I am connecting via component video.

It is interesting in that if I connect with my iPhone first and switch to standard quality the picture appears. Then I can switch back to high quality and it works fine. And further interesting is that once I connect using the iPhone in this manner my computer access is also fine. But if I connect via computer first I cannot fix the problem, even if I switch quality to minimum.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone