2 Replies Latest reply: Feb 2, 2014 1:19 PM by anthony.sling RSS

CAN'T ACCESS SLING BOX FROM REMOTE NETWORK

kenkard

I just set up my slingbox 500 to my new modem/router which is a Motorla SBG6580. I went through the static IP setup and the post thing no issue and it works fine at home on my home network or coming in via telphoen. It also worked last night fine from a friends network. This moring my computer wouldnt access the time warner network and I assumed it had something to do with the static IP address so I reveresed it and nothnig so I had to reformat the PC and it works fine. What do I have to do to get the sling box back up and working, ill do the ports thats easy enopugh but I believe the staic IP address did somethinig to my laptop to make it stop working and its brand new. The other computers in house were working fine. I really need help as were leaving over the weekend for vacation and I need to be able to access the 500.

Thanks

Ken kardashian

• Re: CAN'T ACCESS SLING BOX FROM REMOTE NETWORK
          antoniotom

2 possible solutions

1) Reboot your Slingbox 500 by unplugging it for at least 30 seconds, the powering it back up again.

2) I've owned and used for 1½  months a Motorola SBG6580 cable modem/router.

With Comcast in South Florida, the internet signal was very unstable and the device ''died'' on me, after 6 weeks.

After 30 days, the retail store didn't want to exchange it.

I had to send it back to Motorola in Pueblo, Colorado (I had to pay for shipping).

I installed a Comcast cable modem/router, because i need Internet.

When I got back a replacement Motorola cable modem router after 10 days, I sold it for half price.

I kept the Comcast which works flawlessly.

Motorola SBG6580 is a piece of garbage.

• Re: CAN'T ACCESS SLING BOX FROM REMOTE NETWORK
            anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey kenkard,

The network settings you are using could interfere with the Slingbox from leaving the network. The Slingbox uses DHCP to configure to your network, not a static IP address. I would recommend enabling this setting on the router, and resetup the Slingbox after doing this.

Here is an article that can further explain this:

Best Regards,

Anthony

Sling Media Moderation Team