3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2014 9:19 PM by ferguspa RSS

w8

conexxio

I bought the w8 apps for my windows phone. Do I have to buy the app again for my computer? I'm not using rt, just the traditional one for 32 bits.

thanks.

• Re: w8
          ferguspa Apprentice

Frequently asked questions about SlingPlayer for Windows 8

Can I run SlingPlayer for Windows Phone on my Windows 8 tablet or PC?

No, SlingPlayer for Windows Phone only runs on Windows phones. It does not run on tablets or PCs running Windows 8 or 8.1.

and related:

Can I run SlingPlayer for Windows 8 on my Windows phone?

No, SlingPlayer for Windows 8 does not work on any version of Windows Phone (7, 8, or other).

But if you're using traditional x86 Windows, navigate over to newwatch.slingbox.com and watch there at no additional charge.

conexxio

When you buy the slingplayer for ios it works everywhere why not with windows or at least 50% discount don't you think?

Sent from my Windows Phone

ferguspa Apprentice

conexxio wrote:

When you buy the slingplayer for ios it works everywhere why not with windows or at least 50% discount don't you think?

Not sure what exactly you're saying here.

If you're saying "Why doesn't SlingPlayer for iOS work with [any flavor of] Windows?", they're completely different even though they seem the same.  The same reason one can't take the engine for a semi truck and install it in a car.

If you're saying "SlingPlayer for iOS works on OS X, why doesn't SlingPlayer for Windows Phone work on Windows 8?", SlingPlayer for iPhone nor SlingPlayer for iPad work on OS X.

Pricing discussion should be brought up with Sling Inc. directly--I am not employed by them.