7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 22, 2014 8:18 AM by pjcala6 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

screen goes blank for a few seconds?????

pjcala6 Newbie

When I watch a program on my tv via HDMI sometimes the screen goes black for a few moments and then it will come back on but not at the same spot it backed out on. Can anyone advise me as to what the problem may be? Thanks

• Re: screen goes blank for a few seconds?????
          katie.sling Apprentice

Hi pjcala6,

Thanks for using the forms. Sorry to hear you are having an issue viewing your TV with an HDMI cable attached. It sounds like you are getting moments of HDCP, which is High Definition Copyright Protection. This is caused by the cable box realizing the HDMI cable is attached to something else, and shuts down the signal so that it cannot be viewed without paying for the service. The articles below should give you further information.

Thanks,

Katie

The Sling Moderation Team

pjcala6 Newbie

Hi Katie,

thank you for your help. However, I do have the componet cables attached as per the instructions that came with the slingbox 500.  When I said I had the unit connected through HDMI, I meant that when I was in another location  I would stream it from my computer to the tv through an HDMI cable. Sometimes it still blacks out for a moment. Any other suggestions? thanks Janet

katie.sling Apprentice

Hello pjcala6,

Do you have HDMI cables anywhere in the setup at home? Even if you are using them from the cable box to the TV, it still may interfere. Also, the HDMI at the remote location may be causing the issue. It could also be an issue with the video settings on the computer when sending them to the TV. Does everything work using the Slingbox website on the computer itself? If so, I would look in to the options of changing the settings when sending video to the TV.

Hope this helps,

Katie     

Sling Moderation Team

pjcala6 Newbie

Hi Katie,

I have set up the slingbox as per the directions with the component cables. I am not home as I am at my other residence but if the instructions says not to use the HDMI cables with the component then it is not being used, if the instructions said to use the HDMI cables with the component cables then it is being used. I cannot tell you for sure all i can say is that whatever the instructions said to do, we did. Now in my remote location I am using the HDMI cable from the computer to the tv. I have changed the HDMI cable twice but still the same thing is happening. You mentioned the options of changing the setting when sending video to the tv, how is that done and where is it done from?  When using the slingbox directly from the computer, I still have the same issue . Please advise

pjcala6 Newbie

Now that this problem has sort of been resolved. I am having a problem with the online comcast remote. It was working fine unitl you updated the slingbox, now you tell me to use the X1 remote but the pause does not work. How long will it be before this situation is fixed or I can use my old online remote again? Its been a few weeks and no fix is in sight.  Whats next?