3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2010 2:47 PM by eferz RSS

Help--Classic Cuts Off Internet Connection

ACC570385

After several years of perfect operation, my Classic cuts off my DSL internet connection when it is plugged into my system.  It still works on the PC which is direct ethernet wired to the DSL modem, but all wireless internet activity ceases completely on my home network.  It also affects my Dish Satellite reception on another receiver in my home, but not the one it is connected to directly.  The only possible connectionn I can see to the other Dish receiver is the home phone line which brings in the DSL connection.  I can't think of anything that changed which may have caused this.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

• Re: Help--Classic Cuts Off Internet Connection
          eferz Expert

Are you sure someone didn't add a phone or fax machine into one of your telephone jacks without one of those DSL filters attached?

• Re: Help--Classic Cuts Off Internet Connection
              ACC570385

I checked and all phone connections and printer/fax have the DSL filter installed.  The system worked fine for many years and this has just recently started to happen.  No major changes have been made.  The phone/DSL  company (Verizon) came to my home and verified that everything they are responsible for is working correctly from their inspection of their's and my equipment.  Sirius technician says all of their equipment is working fine.  I find that connecting the Slingbox also disables the satellite receiver in another room, but not the one directly connected to the Slingbox. I don't understand this because there is no connection wired or wireless between the other Sirius receiver and the Slingbox.   I can still use the Slingbox to watch TV on my computer that is connected via ethernet cable to the router and the Slingbox, but not on any wireless computers at home or when traveling.  I am totally stumped and would appreciate any help.  Otherwise, my Slingbox might as well be a brick.  Thanks