5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2014 10:29 AM by rweinkauf RSS

Installed app but cannot log in (Surface Pro2)

colleymckay

Installed app but cannot get past the initial e-mail/password screen; login continually fails due to "incorrect password" however I have no problem logging into my account through Firefox browser on same machine, so I know it's not an account issue. I want the app to work given I paid for it. Any ideas?

• Re: Installed app but cannot log in (Surface Pro2)
          Marcbud

I have I think the same problem, I get the message "could not login, unknown error" when I run the win 8 app on a Surface Pro 2.  I can login from multiple other devices. 

katie.sling Apprentice

Hi colleymckay,

Thank you for using the answers forums. We are sorry to hear you are having issues logging in on your application for the Surface tablet. Do you have any special characters in your password? If you do, try to change your password to letters or numbers only. You can also try uninstalling/reinstalling the app. 

Hope this helps,

The Sling Moderation Team

jasonridge910

Unable to login using the SlingPlayer app for Windows 8. Attempting to login results in the error message:

"An unknown error occurred during login. Please try again."

Of course, trying again results in the same error message.

Tried the suggested solution (change my password) - didn't fix the problem.

Tried uninstalling and re-installing the application - didn't fix the problem - actually made it worse as the app will now not re-install.

What is the path to getting a refund?

rweinkauf

I am expereincing the same issue, same error on my Sony VAIO Duo running Windows 8.1. Just purchased the app a few minutes ago, and can't login. I can connect to and view my Slingbox using the same computer/connection using the web browser, and I can connect on my Android phone. But the WIndows 8.1 app fails at the login screnn with "An unknown error occurred during login. Please try again."

Called support, they suggested the uninstall-reboot-reinstall. Did that, didn't work, same error.

I was told to ask questions in the forum since there is no problem with the app as far as Support is concerned. I don't see that anyone has been able to fix this, and I see posts on this error for the past 3 months...

willfuhrman

Was running into the same problem Katie.

Did a reinstall of the app and it's working again. Now if I can only figure out why it doesn't auto adjust the signal for 4:3 and 16:9 signals properly.