2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2014 12:10 PM by ferguspa RSS

Apple TV AirPlay with iPhone 5 / iPad - best setup...? (pro-HD)

Andozer

Hi there,

I have a slingbox pro-HD, iPhone 5 and original iPad, the latter two with the relevant slingplayer apps. All works fine and dandy remotely, although I just got an Apple TV (3rd generation) and am trying to work out the best way to get my slingbox / player picture onto a tv. Options I think I have are:

- iPhone 5 via AirPlay mirroring, which shows full screen but the quality (even with the iPhone set to High Quality) is not great.

- iPhone 5 via AirPlay within the slingplayer app itself, but the screen is squashed in (top and bottom) and the quality is still not great.

- iPad via AirPlay within the slingplayer app itself, but the screen is squashed in (right and left) and quality is ok but still not great.

Am I doing something wrong? My Internet connection is good so I don't think it's that. I was expecting to get a HD quality picture to be honest so am a but disappointed. Is the quality better when output via iPad rather than iPhone? If so, do I need a newer iPad to get this to work better?

Thanks all.