5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2014 8:24 AM by katie.sling RSS

streaming in mexico??

Chuygarcia78

The slingbox works in mexico?? i want to try with my SKY HD Satellite receiver, but Mexico is not listed in the countries available for watching. Please someone confirm.

Thanks

• Re: streaming in mexico??
          Zbonomo12 Novice

Hello Chuygarcia78,

Thank you for utilizing our online answer forums. Based of the information you have provided you would like to setup a Slingbox in Mexico. The answer is, you should be able to. The Slingbox needs three things major items to work. You need a constant stable high speed Internet connection with a router. You also will need a source of constant power, and a cable box/satellite receiver. If you have the three items located in Mexico then you should have no issues setting up the Slingbox. The only issue with setting up the Slingbox in a Country that is not listed on our database is, we can not insure that your cable provider is going to be listed in our system and if there will be a guide you can use in our system.

Hope this helps

Best regards,
          Sling Media Moderation Team.

Chuygarcia78

Thanks Zbonomo 12,

Did you know from your experience if SKY satellite system (www. Sky.com.mx) is listed in your database?

I'm not quite understand your comment below

"The only issue with setting up the Slingbox in a Country that is not listed on our database is, we can not insure that your cable provider is going to be listed in our system and if there will be a guide you can use in our system"

I have the 3 items listed in your response, so I should be ready to go right?

Please confirm

Thanks

Zbonomo12 Novice

Hello Chuygarcia78,

Thanks for the feed back. If you have the three major items you should be all good to go.

What I meant by the comment  "The only issue with setting up the Slingbox in a Country that is not listed on our database is, we can not insure that your cable provider is going to be listed in our system and if there will be a guide you can use in our system" is while you are in the setup you will be asked to enter your zip code, this bring a list of cable providers that you choose from. our system then get a guide that you can use to see the channels that are on your cable box with our having to use the cable box itself. Meaning this is getting setup in Mexico it may not be in our system for you to choose.

Best regards

Sling Media Moderation Team