2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 4:28 PM by Zbonomo12 RSS

Changing the Channel when it is night time at home

ACC5404950

I live in Korea and I am watching TV streamed from the states (slingbox is in MO). When it turns nighttime in the states, around 11 pm or Midnight, we lose the ability to change the channel. The next morning, it works again. What is happening? Does anyone know? I am tired of watching whatever the TV gets stuck on. Thanks!

• Re: Changing the Channel when it is night time at home
          ACC5883201

sounds like your cable box is going into sleep mode

did you try to hit the power button again?

I think on some boxes you can turn that feature off

• Re: Changing the Channel when it is night time at home
            Zbonomo12 Novice

Hello ACC5404950,

Thank you for utilizing our online answer forums. We apologize that you are experiencing issues controlling the cable box as expected. In the situation you describe its going to be hard for us to pinpoint the exact cause of the issue you are having. I would first like you to have someone plug in the external IR emitter(the cable that has a pyramid on it) if you are not already using it. The positioning of the pyramid is critical and needs to be in front of the cable box about 1 to 3 inches away from the cable box. All you need to do is plug in the external IR cable into the Slingbox and position that pyramid as described and you should be able to control the cable box no matter the time of day.

Here is a link that may help

Hope this helps

Best regards,
            Sling Media Moderation Team.