6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2014 11:50 AM by pymadore RSS

Can't connect the slingcatcher with my Slingbox

Tommyjensen

When trying to connect to my Singbox from a Slingcatcher I get the message "unable to connect to the Slingbox due to a network error". According to the basic troubleshooting for SlingCatcher I should configure remote viewing manually using the online network assistant. Unfortunately I can not find the online assistant or the manual on how to configure the viewing. Where do I find instructions on how to solve the problem?

• Re: Can't connect the slingcatcher with my Slingbox
          stade

I also have this problem, it worked fine for 2-3 years.

Please help to solve this problem.

katie.sling Apprentice

Hi Tommyjensen,

Thanks for using our forums. Sorry to hear you are having problems with getting the internet viewing set up. For more help with the internet viewing, you can use the website www.portforward.com. You will select your router and then select Slingbox and then it will give you step by step directions on how to set up the internet viewing.

Hope this helps.

The Sling Moderation Team 

pymadore

I too am having the same problem. I cannot connect, even though all indications say that I should be able to. It has worked well from Europe and the UAE but over the past few months it has stopped connecting/sending.  At first it was only one of my connected cable boxes, then both 'disappeared'. I have deleted the unit and re-entered all data, and I can see it on the menu associated with my account. I have even changed my password with no joy. When I try to watch online from my desktop (or any other portable device) on the website, it asks for my 'administrator' password. (The same as my 'regular' password?) When entered it refuses to accept it and I am in a constant loop re-entering the password to no avail. When I look at the 'home' box data, it shows that the 'owner' is 'not connected' and the Network Status is LAN - 'off'. All indications from the front of the boxes show no errors and that all are connected properly. I have tried many resets, etc. Is it possible that the WiFi sending/receiving box connected to my router has failed? Please help, I want to use the Slingbox next month on vacation...

Paul

Tommyjensen

Thank you for the help to solving my problem, but I never got to do any problemsolving  The Slingcatcher is now working again for some reason. After not using it for a week i tried to turn it on and it now works again.

jamesmccourt Novice

And always remember your router where the Slingbox is located needs to be set to TCP feed....otherwise the SlingCatcher won't be able to connect to it.

J.