0 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2013 1:02 PM by isstoilov RSS

Comcast or Sling throttling my slingbox stream?

isstoilov

Hello Slingboxers,

Here is my question/problem:

Till Sunday (12/05/2013) my Sling was working fantastic (2,500Kbps - HD Quality) for the past 1.5 years, during all day long. Then, there was a Comcast service interruption on Sunday night (Naperville, IL) and when everything got resolved on Monday, my speed dropped like a rock. I can’t get more than 250Kbps during peak hours.

Early in the morning (7-8 a.m.) everything is fine and I can watch with 2,500. At lunch time things starts slowing down and at 6p.m. I can barely connect with 250Kbps.

And it doesn't matter on which device (Boxee, PC, ipad).

Of course there was several connecting/disconnecting, turning on/off cable modems, routers, everything you can think of.

When I VPN to my work machine (different ISP provider) I still get the previous high speed 2,500k, at the same time when at home comcast it’s 250Kbps.

So, is it possible Comcast to throttle me? I thought Comcast got sued and they are not supposed to do that anymore.

I called comcast customer service several times and they told me since my Speed test is fine, everything is fine.

My slingbox is setup in Bulgaria and there is a constat lightspeed internet, with over 15mb upload and 60mb download speed.

I did try setting the port to 443, but that didn't do anything either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.