3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2013 7:05 AM by MacDoc RSS

Motorola set top box

Rdale1942

I have a Motorola DCX3501M box from Charter Cable. But, the set up algorithm did not list this box.  The closest box it listed was a DCX3400M.  Why isn't my box listed?

• Re: Motorola set top box
          alanrichey42 Master
          I have a Motorola DCX3501M box from Charter Cable. But, the set up algorithm did not list this box.  The closest box it listed was a DCX3400M.  Why isn't my box listed?

Because there are probably well over 50,000 different devices out there and realistically Sling cannot possibly have built-in remotes for all of them. 

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

(NOT a Sling Media representative, just another user)

• Re: Motorola set top box
            MacDoc

Hello Rdale1942,

I have the same set top box from Charter. The supplied remote is the UR4U-MDVR-CHD2. As you know, it is not a listed set top box or remote. I have posted an "Idea" to Sling to add this remote. Please go to the Forums and search for my post using the search tag "UR4U-MDVR-CHD2" or Motorola DCX 3510-M and vote for this Request.

In the mean time, I use the DCX3400M suggested remote It works fine. Althought the buttons are not in the exact same location as on our UR4U-MDVR-CHD2, they work fine and I have been able to get along doning this.

Remember, if you want Sling to add the remote, go to the Forums, Search for our remote and VOTE! (;-)