5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2010 4:36 PM by ayman803 RSS

SlingPlayer Mobile Support for Sprint Curve 8530 5.0

initram

Any word on when there will be support for this version?  I see there have been some that have been using 1.0.0.11 with success, others have reported using this causes their mobile to reset.  I am looking to purchase a Slingbox ProHD, but my decision is contingent on a viable mobile solution.

• Re: SlingPlayer Mobile Support for Sprint Curve 8530 5.0
          splons

I have a cruve 8530 and am also curious to when this version will be supported.  I am a long time sling owner but constantly disappointed with the slowness of sling to develop mobile versions.  I am aware that sling is constantly working on mobile versions but it seems sling is very slow to adapt to the mobile market.

Apprentice

Hi, initram and splons.

Thank you for participating in the Slingbox Answers Forum!

At this moment, the BlackBerry Curve 8530 Mobile device is not included on the supported devices list and we do not know if it will be included any time soon. This link will allow you to check the supported Mobile devices list.

Regards,
            The Slingbox Answers Forum Moderation Team.

Sup3r52man

That is not true, I have the Curve 8530 for sprint, and I use the slingbox mobile app on it with no issues, I use the version 1.0.0.11

Use (replace x with an h in xttp, duh!) this link to get the Bold Slingplayer 1.0.0.2: xttp://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_bold_EN_US.jad

It will prompt you if you would like to upgrade to the latest version of 1.0.0.11. I have been using this now for 6 months with no issues what so ever.

ayman803

Can someone from Slingbox confirm that the following post is correct?

Sep 5, 2010

Re: SlingPlayer Mobile Support for Sprint Curve 8530 5.0

That is not true, I have the Curve 8530 for sprint, and I use the slingbox mobile app on it with no issues, I use the version 1.0.0.11

Use (replace x with an h in xttp, duh!) this link to get the Bold Slingplayer 1.0.0.2: xttp://download.slingmedia.com/player/mobile/bb1002/US/SlingPlayer_bold_EN_US.jad

It will prompt you if you would like to upgrade to the latest version of 1.0.0.11. I have been using this now for 6 months with no issues what so ever.