3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 2, 2014 11:36 AM by Drgjs RSS

Solo Network issues!

I have had a Slingbox Solo for over a year. It is connected to Slingbox recommended WD Livewire network extender. The Solo drops out due to "network" problems, even though I upgraded to the highest internet speed available (50mbps and 5mbps) Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Re: Solo Network issues!
          speedy22 Newbie

run the 35mins benchmark and change your DNS servers on your home router.

https://www.grc.com/dns/Benchmark.htm

https://www.grc.com/files/DNSBench.exe

I was having issues and this brought about a more constant higher bandwidth connection to my slingbox 60miles away.

hkbandi

Try changing the quality setting in your slingplayer to "Better" instead of "Auto" and see if you still have network issues.

I use slingbox to view tv in different rooms , so I have internet viewing disabled and yet I have netwrok issues when slingplayer is set to "Auto"

Based on my troubleshooting, I feel that when the quality in slingplayer is set to Auto it will try to  optimize the streaming rate  and within one minute it reaches around 4 Mbps  and Slingbox solo starts having network problems and the network light starts blinking.

If I change the quality setting to "Better" instead of "Auto" the streaming rate stays at 3 Mbps and there are no network issue. When I change the quality setting to "Best" I have the same issue once the rate reaches aroung 4 Mbps.

Please try these tests, if you notice a similar behaviour,  it could be bug in the the latest firmware on the slingbox as I never had this issue in the past and this issue started only after I reset my device recently during when the firmware got updated.

Note - When I replace slingbox solo with slingbox 500 there are no issues , even when I set the quality to "Auto" and I always get the "Best" streaming rate.

Drgjs

Thank you!  I am going to give that a try.

Dr. Gloria Sterling

180 Newport Center Drive

Suite 168

Newport Beach, California 92660

MFT 18575

Telephone: 949) 759-0579

Fax: 949) 759-0570

Dr. Sterling's book is now available at  <http://www.sterlingthoughts.com/> www.sterlingthoughts.com (autographed copies may be obtained here) and at  <outbind://5-0000000035F6D1BF62D68E4EAC50A5B9C77B02C644032000/www.amazon.com> www.amazon.com.  It is also available at Newport Stationers in Newport Beach and at other fine selected stores throughout Southern California.