3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 16, 2013 7:29 AM by ACC2856 RSS

Slingbox 500 audio stopped working with update on Dec 12, 2013

ACC2856

I have two Slingbox 500s, one in Washington state and one in LA.  I watch them over a laptop on FireFox ver 25.01.  Both have been working fine for the last 4 months.  Yesterday i got an auto update for my Slingbox FireFox plugin and after the update the audio stopped working.  If I use IE 11 on the same PC, the audio works fine.  I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled but not helping.

• Re: Slingbox 500 audio stopped working with update on Dec 12, 2013
          FastOldGuy

My Lenovo Voga 13 audio for slingbox stopped working when I went from Windows 8 to 8.1 I have not found a solution yet

ACC2856

My Laptop is fairly new and had 8.0 on it when i inititally installed and setup both Slingboxes.  As I said it worked fine.  I did update to 8.1 about a month ago and slingbox on Firefox continued to work fine.  It literally stopped woking immediately upon reboot after a manitory Slingbox update last week.  I've tried everthing but rolling back my entire PC to the state prior to the update.  I can't believe this is not a wider problem?  IE continues to work fine on the same laptop.

ACC2856

Ok I'm an idiot.  I just realized that I had muted firefox in the mixer while doing some work on Christmas songs the same day that slingbox updated.  I just unmuted it and all is lovely on Firefox.  I guess i should have checked Firefox audio on other website before blaming Slingbox.  My apologies...   I love my Slingboxes.  I use the one in LA to help my elderly father find the correct channels to watch shows.  At age 85 it can sometimes be challenging to sift through 999 channels or deal with programable remotes.