4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2012 4:36 AM by voicu_n RSS

Slingbox Pro unable to acquire an IP address

mikkeln32

Hi,

I am the happy(?) owner of a Slingbox Pro, which has worked fine until now. It has been stored away for a few months, and should now have been coming back to glory during the Soccer World Championship.

Unfortunately, I got a blinking network lamp, when I plugged it back in. Constantly blinking.

I have sniffed the network traffic between the Slingbox and DHCP server, and it looks like this:

Slingbox broadcastsa DHCP request (DHCP Discover)

DHCP server replies (broadcasts a DHCP offer)

etc.

This goes on for some time, after which the Slingbox gives up, and assigns itself an IP address in the range 169.254.x.x, and starts broadcasting this address in order to find the gateway.

I have tried with various DHCP servers, both the one in my router, a Time Capsule, as well as a Windows 2008 DHCP service. Other devices are able to get an IP address from any of the tested DHCP servers.

Even if I put another computer on the network, with an address within the same range, I'm not able to get in contact with the Slingbox. It seems to talk allright, but is not able to listen... Hmm, sound familiar...

Anyway, is there any known solution to my issue? Any help or hints are welcome.

Best regards,

Mikkel

P.s. I have attached an extract of the traffic as a Wireshark-dump