9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2016 2:13 PM by basenji7 RSS

Getting a "low disk space" error.

Cookmoore

My slingbox is working fine on my ipad and on one of my computers.

But on the other computer I started getting this error when I try to connect.

"Your computer is running on low disk space.  Free up some space and try again".

I have hundreds of gigs of free space on my computer.  I tried deleting some things anyways, just in case.  Still won't work.

Any advice?

• Re: Getting a "low disk space" error.
          brett.sling Newbie

Hello Cookmoore,

Thank you for using the Sling Answers Forum. To help diagnose the "...low disk space..." error you are experiencing - please provide the operating system and browser version you are running on the affected computer.

Thanks,

Brett, PM @ Sling

etw926

I'm getting the same error. Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Firefox, google chrome. Same message on all three browsers.

Cookmoore

etw926,

I uninstalled the sling box add on in firefox, and then installed it again.Worked for me.Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 19:17:28 -0800

To: r_cook185@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - Getting a "low disk space" error.

Slingbox Answers Forum

Getting a "low disk space" error.

reply from etw926 in General Slingbox 350 Questions - View the full discussion

I'm getting the same error. Windows 7, Internet Explorer, Firefox, google chrome. Same message on all three operating systems. 

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox 350 Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

I just went on Sling Player for the first time in a few weeks.  It asked to upgrade my FireFox and now I get:

Your computer is running low on disk space. Free up some space and try again.

I tried Chrome and the same thing happened.  I have a Dell Studio running Wondows 7 with 100gb free space.

Rebooting did not help.

My older Win 8 Dell laptop with far less space is having no trouble on the same connection.

ko788

My slingbox has been working fine and all of a sudden I am experiencing the same issue with low disk space. I have 50gb free space so the issue is definitly on the Slingbox side. It really frustrated me that Slingbox customer support wouldn't address the issue.

channah007

Does anyone have an answer to this "low disk space" or P-11 error??? MATTHEW HOLLAND? BRETT? ANYONE? I've had this now for 6 months...doesn't matter if I use chrome, mozilla, explorer, old pc, new pc, delete extension, re-install extension, update all browser, reinstall browser, upgrade sling - whatever, nothing matters. I've read a number of issues/answers on this board and it appears very little ever gets resolved. Slingbox is essentially worthless to me right now, so can we for the love of GOD get this answered and fixed???

basenji7

I was just getting the same error with 200GB of available disk space.  I was on Firefox 48.0.0 and it just upgraded to 48.0.1 and it started working.

Windows 10

Firefox 48.0.1