8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 11, 2013 10:43 AM by ACC1710254 RSS

2nd Hand Slingbox - Flashing Lights....

tedblight

Hi,

I've just purchessed a 2nd Hand Sling Box Pro - Unpacked it. Plugged it in. And Stright Away, the Sling Logo and Power LED are Flashing at me, I can't do anything else, I've tried holding the reset button down for 10seconds but nothing changes.

Is it knacked?

Thanks

• Re: 2nd Hand Slingbox - Flashing Lights....
          ACC1710254

I am having the same problem. Purchased a second hand Pro-HD. The power light stays on, but the one to the left continually blinks. What gives.? 

Maxcats Novice

Hold the reset button longer - a good 30 seconds or more. I think the lindicator ight must blink TWICE quickly to confirm the reset has been done successfully.

ACC1710254

I have tried the hard reset. I have the media bridge attached, and it shows that it is hooked into my wifi. However, the slingbox evidently does not get the Internet signal. The left red light continuously blinks.  I Am using a brand new D-Link dual band media bridge. Upsetting. It seems to want to work, except for that. Any other ideas to get the slingbox to register the signal? The bridge is connected to the Ethernet port in the back of the Slingbox of course.

katie.sling Apprentice

Hi ACC1710254,

Thanks for using our answers forums. Sorry to hear you are having issues with the blinking network light. Some times, the Slingbox needs to be plugged directly in to the router in order to get a solid light. What I would recommend is to plug the Slingbox directly in to the router to do the setup. You can do this without a video source if the router is not close the cable box. Once you plug it directly in to the router, you will reset the Slingbox and go through the setup.  If that still doesn't work, you may want to try a different power supply as the issue may be the power supply not getting enough power to make both the power and network lights solid.

Hope this helps!
                      The Sling Moderation Team

MZ2215

I'm having a similar problem and hope somebody on here can provide assistance. Had my Pro-HD hooked up and working fine for over a year, moved to a new place, hooked everything back up and the logo, power and network lights all flash continuously. I've tried holding the Reset button down for 3 MINUTES with no change to the flashing lights and no hard reset. Not quite sure what to do at this point

katie.sling Apprentice

Hello MZ2215,

It sounds like you are having a different issue. If all of the lights are blinking and a reset doesn't work, it sounds like the issue may be either the power supply or the Slingbox itself. I would try to purchase a new power supply and if the issue persists, it would the Slingbox itself that is at fault. We do have an upgrade program, which would be $30 off the price of a Slingbox 350 or 500. That would make the 350 $149.99 and the 500 $269.99. We also have an out of warranty exchange program which would be $149.99.

Hope this helps!

The Sling Moderation Team

tedblight

Well, I sent my Slingbox Pro HD back to the 2nd hand shop (CEX) and got a Slingbox Solo from them.

I couldn't belive me luck when I had the same problem. A flashing power light. I tried unplugging everything and it still flashed, I couldn't do a reset or anything.

I took the plug to an electronics shop too test if it was faulty, they said it was outputting at 5.3volts and seemed OK.

Anyway, whiles in the shop I purchased a new Slingbox Solo... And that worked fine. Although the power connecter into the new Slingbox is temperamental and has to be in exactly the correct position to work.

From the posts on the forum and the two 2nd hand slingbox's both having flashing power lights, I can only assume the slingbox power unit has a limited life.

ACC1710254

Well.... I purchased my Pro HD second hand as well. Would not stay on. Kept turning off. Turns out the plug that was given to me with the unit, was the wrong plug. Bought one from Slingbox on line. got here in a matter of just a few days.. BLAM! Unit stayed on. Hooked up my brand new D-Link bridge adapter. The left light continuously blinked. Even D-Link support could not help. Left light kept blinking. Went back and bought a Netgear WNCE2001. Hooked it up. With some help from Netgear support....BLAM! All systems go. (Frankly, IP settings needed to be changed from static to dynamic....the excellent support rep at Netgear helped we that...)  Went through setup on line...found the device, registered it...and BLAM! I now am slinging to my computer, Samsung Note 3, and soon, to my iPad. The quality.....Wow! Will be so cool to access the Dish Network while traveling for biz. I take a Clear Hotspot with me when I travel. I will have WiFi just about anywhere. Technology is great aint't it? I even got it to do PIP!