4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2010 3:47 PM by eferz RSS

Start up question

M3buzzi

Hello, I am having trouble viewing my sling box remotely.  The box connects but I get prompted that It is an Unsupported signal (like 1080P) is connected.

How can I change my signal settings?  Can I do this remotley or does it need to be done at my home?

Picture 2.png

Thanks!

• Re: Start up question
          eferz Expert

I've helped a few people with similar symptoms.  In regards to the set-top box that's connected to the Slingbox, is it also connected via HDMI to something else?  It appears that some boxes will disable the analog outputs if the HDMI connector is connected.  Unfortunately, there's no standard way that the digital and analog outputs work concurrently amongst the multitude of manufacturers.   You might want to recheck the output of the box that's providing the output to the Slingbox.

stguitar

I have this same issues however i have not had any problems until yesterday.  it all of a sudden changed...

nothing has changed in my a/v setup, however i have added a second router to my network that is acting as a lan switch.  the slingbox is not even connected to that router...

any ideas for me?

eferz Expert

I've helped a few people with similar symptoms.  In regards to the  set-top box that's connected to the Slingbox, is it also connected via  HDMI to something else?  It appears that some boxes will disable the  analog outputs if the HDMI connector is connected.  Unfortunately,  there's no standard way that the digital and analog outputs work  concurrently amongst the multitude of manufacturers.   You might want to  recheck the output of the box that's providing the output to the  Slingbox.