5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 11, 2014 4:36 PM by genemct RSS

set-up postal code

drapeg

in florida 3000 km from home (canada) sling box solo was working fine up to this date....last night need to set-up ''''''the problem it wont acept my canadian postal code and in my set up country always auto select US.. i need to put my server location,,,,,,and i try to put zip code it dont work ....

when i select CA  for country it automatique select US and dont know why I  nerver had problem with that before

working fine every day in florida for the last month

any comments??????? anybody...........

gilles

• Re: set-up postal code
          katie.sling Apprentice

Hi drapeg,

Thanks for using our answers forums. Sorry to hear that you are having an issue setting the zip code for your country.  You can always try to clear the cache and cookies on your browser, as well as making sure that you are using a supported browser and operating system. The article listed below should help you further.

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

drapeg

hi katie.sling

i empty cache,cookie and restart the computer...still the same...in my profil i choose canada and able to insert a canadian postal code.....during set up i have a video and audio and able to change station....connection,audio,sound is good...

on the last page of the set-up....i get error on connection....loose all my set.up...

set up never complete.....i am in usa for 5 month dont know to do ........was working fine every day for the month of oct and november........

thank you advanced for you re help,

Gilles Drapeau

Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 07:56:04 -0800

To: drapeau48@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - set-up postal code

Slingbox Answers Forum

set-up postal code

reply from katie.sling in General Slingbox SOLO Questions - View the full discussion

Hi drapeg,

Thanks for using our answers forums. Sorry to hear that you are having an issue setting the zip code for your country.  You can always try to clear the cache and cookies on your browser, as well as making sure that you are using a supported browser and operating system. The article listed below should help you further.

What browsers and systems are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Thank you,

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox SOLO Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

katie.sling Apprentice

Hi drapeg,

It sounds like there may be an issue with the Slingbox itself or the network you are trying to set up the Slingbox on. Is there someone available in the location of the Slingbox to do a hard reset and go back through the setup there? It doesn't need to be on the same computer you are viewing on. I would try this article and then go to setup.slingbox.com in the home location. Once that is done, you should be able to log in and connect again.

Thanks you,

grampamitch

I am having the same problem with my solo. It quit when I was away, so when I got back, I had to do a factory reset, but I can't complete the set up because when I select my country Canada it,it auto resets to USA and I can't fill in the postal code.

Im using a  mac book pro.  The help desk said that they would have to charge $30 for a telephone fix. I hope there is a solution for this.

Seems to me it came to a halt after they did a software upgrade.

genemct

I am having a similar problem, but in the US.  I have tried setup on chrome, firefox, and IE using Windows 7, and everything is fine until I hit the select a provider.  The setup just jumps back to the original page, and none of my settings are applied.  I have the most current firmware on the slingbox, and other than the fact that it comes up unconfigured (which means I can't use my slingbox phone app or my roku!) it seems to work fine.  I tried the old software for windows, and that never finds the slingbox.  Is there any way to short circuit setup so I dont need the guide function???

Thanks,

Gene