2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2013 11:23 AM by ACC5458348 RSS

slingbox setup problem in Vista

ACC5458348

I'm having a problem with my laptop-slingbox connection and hoping someone else has experienced this issue and can help me before I pull out the rest of my hair!

My laptop is a Vista 32 bit running window IE9.  Had no problems initially setting it up several months ago and it worked perfectly for about 2 months -- but now I can't even get past the "Choose your Location and Language" screen.  When I click on United States - English it tries to go to newwatch.slingbox.com but keeps getting returned to the "Choose your Location and Languages" screen.

I've run every anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spyware, anti-adware program etc. that I have known to be reliable and everything comes back clean.  I've even uninstalled and reinstalled IE9 and the problem persists - even though everything else on my computer works perfectly and even a little faster now that all these scans have been run and IE9 has been reset about a dozen times.

Anyone else have this problem and know of a fix?

FYI - my slingbox player works fine and I can connect to it just fine from my desk top computer but I'm not planning on traveling with that one!

Thanks!