2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2013 11:40 AM by craig.sling RSS

Cant get past start screen once you turn on slingbox

omarmagana3

I cant get past the welcome screen because the ir controller doesn't work and the slingbox doesn't wirelessly connect to my network automatically. Been trying to figure it out all night and failed.

• Re: Cant get past start screen once you turn on slingbox
          ACC5463051

I have the same exact problem. The unit used to work perfectly, until I tried to use it today.  All that displays is the startup logo screen. The network lights blink like there's activity, the remote batteries are good, yet the unit is totally unresponsive, even after a hard reset.  I wonder if we both have bad hardware?

• Re: Cant get past start screen once you turn on slingbox
            craig.sling Novice

Hello omarmagana3,

Thank you for posting on the answer forums. I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue with your remote. Let me suggest a few things to check. First, make sure the white light on the top of the remote is coming on when you hit a button on the remote. If the light is not coming on it may be an issue with the batteries or the remote itself. If the light on the remote is working correctly you would want to factory reset the Slingbox. I will post the steps of how to do this in a link below.

If those steps do not correct the issue please contact us at  1-877-GO-SLING

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team