4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2013 10:48 PM by ACC5653157 RSS

Xbox One working with Slingbox?

NoClemency

Is there any chance that the Xbox one will work with Slingbox. I know Microsoft recently aquired the former Slingbox CEO Blake Krikorian. As a result, I would love to see the Slingbox to be compatiable with the Xbox One as I'm sure many of your customers would be. Is this something that is in the pipeline or being considered?

• Re: Xbox One working with Slingbox?
          ACC5653157

Ok, we got SlingPlayer for Mobile Devices in the flavors of, SlingPlayer for Windows 8 for tablets, laptops & convertibles, check. SlingPlayer for Windows Phone, check.

I concur with OP, can we get SlingPlayer for Connected Devices in the form of SlingPlayer for Xbox One? This would greatly enhance the Xbox One experience; I am presently using WD TV Live at the same location I have my Xbox One - SlingPlayer for Connected Devices for Xbox One would greatly condense my entire entertainment experience into one input, one box

(This forum should also have a +1 thing or "like" button, particularly for this thread for requests instead of having to reply to a post, so as to tally certain requests for SlingBox. My $.02)

NoClemency

I'm glad to see that someone else shares the same idea as me. I feel like enabling the xbox one to work with the slingplayer would be a good move in the right direction for the company, opening many more doors to new customers. Customerst that already own an Xbox One or are about to purchase one. Now they can have TV for free for only couple hundred dollars more. Plus this idea would hit Slingbox's target market of younger adults, especially those in the college environment who are away from home.

Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello NoClemency and ACC5653157,

I'd recommend you post this suggestion on our Enhancement Requests and Product Feedback Forum. There, people can "vote" their support for your ideas, and our product managers will see your suggestions.

Thanks,

Matt

ACC5653157

So, the Product Managers won't see the request if it is in here?

I thought this was the thread for SlingPlayer for Connected Devices Enhancement Requests. This would seem like the ideal forum thread to request a Slingbox Player app for a connected device such as the Xbox One, no?

I've since piggy-backed onto another Xbox One request, but I didn't see where I could vote. Maybe in the meantime, the Product Managers could make their way over to this thread and consider an enhancement request for connected devices such as the Xbox One since they seem to have the rest of the MS Win8 family up and running