11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2016 5:59 PM by advanceman RSS

Can't change 'source' now

chdl33

Until this recent update I have been able to switch between my cable TV and normal coax. It is now stuck on coax and there is no way of changing it. I have gone into 'sources' but nothing comes up. Anyone else finding this?

• Re: Can't change 'source' now
          mmstoudt

Yes and they want me to pay $29.99 to get support to help with it. It worked fine before the app update.

chdl33

I found a way to go back to the old version and have now disabled app updates on my ipad. Back up your ipad apps on your itunes and then delete the slingbox app from the ipad. Then go to app store, find purchased apps, reinstall and well, for me it went back to what I'd had pre update, while asking me if I wanted the updated version, which I declined of course! Took hours but I'm glad I persevered!

mmstoudt

Awesome....that worked. I am bummed that we have to go back. I guess we have to wait and see if there is a future fix. I have an ipad 2......which ipad to do you have?

ppissierssens Newbie

I have the same problem and cannot even change channels anymore.unfortunately the uninstall and reinstall did not work for me.mi keep getting the new version 3.0. I have a mini ipad with iOS 7. The support from sling box has been very unhelpful. I am certainly advising against buying anything from them after this experience. Am putting story about this on Facebook and some tech boards.

craig.sling Novice

Hello All,

I see you are having a problem switching sources on the new app version. If you reinstall the app and go to the Live TV at the bottom you will get the picture on what ever source the Slingbox is set up to. If you go to the bottom right of the screen you should see the familiar Settings icon. From there is should state sources and you should be able to change the sources from there. If this is not working still please let us know.

With the Remote issue what we suggest is to clear reinstall the app. If you upgraded to the new version uninstall the app all together and than install the app again. You might than gain control of the SlingPlayer again. If you see no change it is an issue that we are working on and we will have a fix for the app soon. If you would like some technical assistance with this issue please contact us at 1-877-467-5464 and we would be more than happy to help you get that issue resolved.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

mmstoudt

Thank you for the response. I know where the source change area is, the problem is that I have 2 active sources and it won't allow me to change the source. I press the new source and it highlights, but will not change. The checkmark stays in the other source area.

ppissierssens Newbie

Hello

I know where the settings are in the new app. My problem is that when I click on "source" nothing happens. All other options in settings work correctly (account, slingbox directory, general, video quality, feedback, about). In the "watch" Regarding the remote: in my case when clicking on the remote icon nothing happens. When I click on the keypad icon the keypad pops up. When I enter a number (relevant to the source) and click WATCH nothing happens. The keypad window simply disappears.

I already uninstalled an reinstalled the app several times, without any change.

BTW: it would help if you update your help pages on your web site. Many are sitll showing the screen of the previous version which creates confusion as well. I alrwady tried to get help by chat only to be told I had to pay $29 to get support. So the chat support was no help at all. I do not think this is acceptable as there is clearly a problem with the App. Alternatively you could also put the previous version of the App in the app stire so we can at least use our Slingbox again!

peter