1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 30, 2010 5:44 PM by Fofo RSS

Slingplayer freezes but I can still control the slingbox. Pls. Help!

keliason

Hi. I was hoping that someone could help me out. I find the process of troubleshooting something like slingbox / slingplayer to be extremely difficult because there are so many pieces.

I have a slingplayer AV (solo) running. It has been working for a long time, but about a month or two ago, it started having a problem. When watching on the internet or through slingbox (even when on the same home network), the picture would freeze. Using the remote would appear to do nothing. However, when I actually turned on the TV to see if for some reason the TV froze, I noticed that I could actually still control the cable box with my slingplayer even though I couldn't see what was happening through slingplayer. So, it appears that my problem is the video feed through slingplayer freezes up. I've tried using several different computers both on my network and remotely and I have the same problem. So, it would appear that a configuration with my slingbox is wrong (although it had been working fine for a long time), a configuration with my router is missing/wrong (although it had been working fine for a long time),  or the hardware is broken.

I have tried resetting the slingbox, but it doesn't help.

Configuration:

Slingbox AV

S-Video input

D-Link Router

Thanks,

Kyle