28 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 4:28 PM by hjs742 RSS

SlingPlayer for iPad 3.0 not working

pkalellis

Just updated to 3.0 and none of the controls are working after setup is successfully completed.  Deleted and reinstalled a few times and no change.  Anyone else with this issue?  Apparently it's being escalated . . . .

Using an iPad Air with iOS 7.0.4.

• Re: SlingPlayer for iPad 3.0 not working
          ctherstam

I'm getting the same problem on an iPad2 with iOS 7.0.3

Saignon

Having same problem does not recognize my HDS600RS Echostar/Slingbox in Europe using iPad Mini.  It updated the App and problem was immediate.

Cujo

Same here...remote controls don't work on latest version of app...ipad

Saignon

Echostar / Slingbox UK sent me this:

"We have noticed that some people have lost connectivity with the iPad with this release, we have identified the problem and hope to get a release out in about 2 week times to fix the problem. This time is dependent on Apple approval. I am sorry about the inconvenience."

ppissierssens Newbie

folks

I find it rather disturbing that Slingbox as a company does not bother to respond to any of this. The Slingbox app is a commercial product and I would therefore assume that they would be interested to (i) at least answer when a problem is reported; and (ii) assist when a customer reports a problem. Doing neither shows very POOR user support. Just tried the chat function to get help from a Slingbox technician (Leanne). This was the reply: "
                  I can understand why you'd contact us about that and I'd be happy to help! Now the Slingbox on the account does show as outside the one year warranty. This does limit you to a few options, the first option is a free option, I can send you links to articles that will assist you in getting this issue resolved. The second option is to call 1-877-467-5464 and pay $29.99 USD for the trouble shooting.". and also "The only troubleshooting we do with the app itself is to uninstall and reinstall the app. I suggest you post to the forums to let our engineers the of the issues you are having with the update." The article she referred me to (http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000274.html) dit not solve the problem. So result: NONE and basically they can't be bothered. This is the worst user support I have dealt with in a long time. So I now own a Slingbox that has become unusable with my iPad.

craig.sling Novice

Hello All,

Sorry that you are all having after the release of the new app version. I have a few questions I would like you to answer for me.

• When you try to connect are you getting the correct remote to come up?
                      • Have you tried the Slingbox on any other devices to see if it is still working on another device?
                      • Did you upgrade or just install the app fresh
                        1. We have seen that if you remove the app and reinstall the newest version this may solve the issue.
                        2. Please also check that you are running the newest version of IOS on those devices.

We have see a number of iPads that were effected with this issue and are working towards a resolution. We ask for you patients and understanding while we get the app corrected and would like you to let us know if you are having any other issues with the app. You can always contact us between the hours of 7am and 7pm DST at the number 877-467-5464.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

spanikj

When you try to connect are you getting the correct remote to come up?

A: can't get any remote to come up

Have you tried the Slingbox on any other devices to see if it is still working on another device?

A: Yes. MacBook Pro. Remote and Live TV works just fine on MacBook Pro

Did you upgrade or just install the app fresh

A: upgrade. iOS 7 automatically updated app

I have uninstalled and reinstalled app twice. I'm running the latest iOS software

I hope this helps. I look forward to a resolution in the very near future.

Thanks.

ppissierssens Newbie

Hello

Thanks for your response. Here are my answers to your questions:

• I have no remote coming up at all. I also do not see any sources under Settings in slingplayer app. Channel change is also not possible using the keypad in the app: I can enter numbers and click watch but nothing happens.

• Have you tried the Slingbox on any other devices to see if it is still working on another device?
                              • yes. It works fine on an iPad that still runs the previous version of Slingplayer and it runs fine on a Macbook using the browser based player
                              1. We have seen that if you remove the app and reinstall the newest version this may solve the issue.

I have synched with a Macbook then removed the app as indicated in your web site. Then re-installed the app from cloud.

1. Please also check that you are running the newest version of IOS on those devices.
                              I am running iOS 7.0.4 on an iPad mini, ie. the latest version. I use an iPad model MD533NF/A

I hope the above will help to resolve the issue. Note that I am in Europe so your toll number is VERY expensive.

Saignon

I receive the message below on my iPad:

Works perfectly on my iMac

• Please also check that you are running the newest version of IOS on those devices.We have seen that if you remove the app and reinstall the newest version this may solve the issue.

iOS 7.04 updated the Slingbox iPad App automatically, this is a problem with you App and in my case it does not work with the Echostar box

Slingbox, can you please keep us posted on this issue by leaving updates on this thread.

kittytwister

I live in Ireland and am having the same issue when I try to connect to my freesat slingbox it recognises that the box is there but will not connect and the notice that my ipad is incompatible comes up. This app was one of the most expensive I ever purchased and I use the app. to set up recordings when away. Have been on to Slingbox tec support this morning in Holland, they are aware of the problems so hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

TSK1

I live in Atlanta, GA and cannot use SlingPlayer on my iPad 2 or my iPad mini 2 with 3.0.

• No.  I get the SlingPlayer Setup screen which says "Slignbox Found" and identifies my correct Slingbox.  When I select it, it give me the following message (on both iPads), "SlingPlayer cannot connect to your Slingbox.  Please make sure your iPad and Slingbox are connect to the Internet and try again."
                                        • It works on my iPhone 5S and my Windows PC
                                      • Did you upgrade or just install the app fresh?
                                        • I upgraded the SlingPlayer app on iPhone 5S and both iPads.  I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both iPads many times with no success.
                                      • Please also check that you are running the newest version of IOS on those devices.  We have seen that if you remove the app and reinstall the newest verstion this may solve the issue.
                                        • All devices are running 7.0.4
                                        • I have deleted and reinstalled the app on both Ipads many times with no success.

What do I try next?

TSK1

Update for everyone, I did call Slingbox support and got a person right away.  He instructed me to go online to my Slingbox account and update the firmware in my Slingbox and then go through the setup process again.  I then deleted the SlingPlayer app on my iPad and reinstalled it.  Then it works great!

Hope this helps others!

kittytwister

I am afraid it does not work for me, have tried it and reinstalled the app. without success.

Saignon

Does anyone know if it's possible to roll back the App to pre 3.0 ?

Saignon

Echostar Slingbox fixed today with release of 3.01 app for iPad. 

ppissierssens Newbie

I just installed the new version 3.0.1 and the remote control problems has been solved! Brownie points for Slingbox. Just wished they would have admitted the problem from the start rather than blaming it on Apple. Anyway all is well that ends well.

Saignon

Unfair...they did not blame Apple...they told me that app modifications were subject to Apple's approval and indeed Apple if known for strict control.  I think Slingbox  were very quick to correct the problem and for me they have lived up to their reputation.  Slingbox is a superb and very useful product, bugs happen...well done Slingbox !

Ps. I don't work for them

ines5535 Newbie

Scrap I bet it happened to everybody that updated... Where can I rolled it back?

I wish I saw this forum before I pressed the update button

When will they fix it?

Nvm where do I find 3.1 version on my ipad?

craig.sling Novice

Hey All,

There was an update that was pushed to the iPads to correct the version 3.0. If you are still having issues please follow these steps.

• Uninstall the app. If it is in you cloud please unstaill if from there.
                                                  • Reinstall the app from the app store and not from the cloud.
                                                  • Make sure the app is now 3.0.1

If you are still seeing any issue please let us know.

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

ines5535 Newbie

Still not working. It connects fine but then I see a red dot a LAST follow by EXIT button when I click the remote icon.

Also a message on the screen said pinch to zoom remote and that doesn't work either no matter how many times I install and uninstall.

I tried resetting the sling box and then I had to configure everything and no go

No idea how I can do the firmware update to the slingbox or where I can find it..

Oh we'll here with a broken app that connects fine but doesn't bring the remote on the screen to turn on my device controlled by the slingbox..

Btw what is last or exit button supposed to do anyways?

I am doing manually turning the device on and off and changing the channels manually tru the device and not tru my ipad app cause there is none remote on app

hjs742

Mines not working with my Ipad 4 and PRO-HD, I had no problems with ver 3.0 but only have developed the problem of "SlingPlayer cannot connect to your slingbox....." when I updated to 3.1 today. I have deleted and reloaded a fresh version of SlingPlayer for Ipad with no difference. Iphone and PC work fine, have iOS 7.0.4 installed.

ps : You mention 3.0.1, I take it this should be 3.1?

thanks

Edit: now it's working, I had slingplayer running on my iPhone and restarted it on iPad, it disconnected the iPhone and the iPad started to work, has worked ever since then, assume it's just a coincidence but thought it might help others

ines5535 Newbie

Someone should update the tittle and make one thread that version 3.1 is not working neither for most of us.... All they have to do is read the REVIEWS for the app at the apple store..

I don't have an iphone. I do use it this slingbox I n my personal computer. I turned the computer off and still no changes on my ipad..

farukolufushi

I just installed the slingbox for ipad app 3.1 on my ipad air. HQ format is unwatchable, since it freezes every 3 seconds. SQ format is slightly better. I have an identical problem with my ipad2 running ios7. No such problem when I watch slingbox via my macbook air or desktop pc. Any suggestions?