16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2016 12:50 AM by bradut RSS

Slingbox Pro HD - WD TV Code 27 error

asta72

Hi!

My WD TV Live within the hour gets disconnected from my Pro HD.

Last night with an "Lost Connection Code 27" message.

It´s not a port forwarding problem since my Pro HD is connected directly to my ISP, no router:

NETWORK DETAILS

Public IP Address:85.227.219.XX

Home IP Address:85.227.219.XX

Network Port:5001

The Pro HD is connected to a 10Mbit/s upload WAN connection and the WD TV on a 50Mbit/s download VDSL.

The web player on a PC works just fine, and so does http://download.slingmedia.com/spcd/wdtv/index.html on the same PC.

I´m out of ideas what to do to try and fix this ... any ideas what the problem can be?

Thnx in advance /Åsa

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD - WD TV Code 27 error
          asta72

Connection lost with new error code last night, code 25

saucof

Hello,

Same problem here....Error 25s all the time and some Error 27.  The WD TV work for an entire week without a problem from the same country but a different location from my slingbox.  Now that I am in a different country I always get the same errors.  Reset the slingbox and reconfigure it did not work.  Unless some one comes with a solution I would have to find an alternative soluion.

Do you also see in the stats 0 in the current buffer and grey outs in the Video and Audio Buffer?

saucof

Just as FYI...I have better results with the WD Play TV box, it is more stable.  It is not perfect but you can still watch TV for more than 5 minutes.  The biggest complaint with this box is the remote control, you loose the numeric keys and changing channel becomes a pain.

Chad1972

I've been using my slingbox 500 in combination with the wdtv for nearly two years successfully.  In the last week or so, I keep getting the "connection lost" error code 27.  The error comes about 10-15 minutes after connecting and can be repeated consistently.  I can always reconnect and watch for another 10-15 minutes.  I don't have this issue on my iPad.

wentworth1967 Newbie

Not sure if you're still having the same issues but I'm posting this solution to join the forums up. This has worked for me for over 3 months now, with no issues.

I'm in the UK, using a Panasonic TV connected to an external WD Live media device which comes pre-loaded with the Slingbox app to connect remotely to a Slingbox Solo via a 30MB/2MB (download/upload) Virgin media internet connection. The Slingbox is connected to a Virgin Media SuperHub2 via TP Link extenders (data transferred via electrical wiring. Not the ideal set-up but irrelevant to the Error 27 problem I was experiencing. I was also suffering from disconnections after about 5 minutes when watching via the TV, no problems watching via the slingbox app on a Samsung tablet.

Spent about an hour via Live Chat with Slingbox Support a couple of weeks ago who were great and connected to my laptop to diagnose the disconnection issue. Here's what they did, may not solve the issues mentioned above as there may be something specific to everyone's individual set-up but this may help:

1. Make sure you have a static IP address (Mine kept changing)

2. Enable Port Forwarding using 5001. 5900 was also added as a test, it's still enabled so I can't confirm which port is actually the valid one. Suggest you try 5001 initially

3. This next step is key. It's not enough to just enable port forwarding, the Slingbox needs to be configured for internet viewing. Once you have set-up port forwarding go to this website, Slingbox - Country Selector log-in to your slingbox and follow the instructions. The test should go through the steps automatically and if successful the slingbox should be fully configured.

4. I also downgraded the default resolution (video streaming) for the WD device

I've not had any error 27 issues since Slingbox support did the above steps. It's vital that Step 3 is performed and changing the WD resolution has not noticeably impacted the playback quality. If you are trying to run the maximum resolution, the slingbox will try to optimize/compensate for the connection speed which can lead to the disconnections.

My view is that the Error 27 is just one of those generic error codes. Solving it meant making multiple changes, not just one, i.e. port forwarding.

Hopes this helps, it certainly solved my problems, I've not had an Error 27 since.

prez

Thanks, relaunch the Internet View setting and  the port forwarding fixed the problem for me too. It was disconnecting everytime after 3min 50sec. Really difficult to associate this effect to port forwarding, curious to know the technical reason behind.

bradut

Hi wentworth1967

Thank you for your detailed explanations.

I am in a similar situation, connecting to my PRO-HD from a WD TV Live located on different continents. Also, WS TV is connected to internet via electric wiring with TP-Link extenders.

This setting worked fine for the last 4 years, until a few month ago when the SlingBox has been connected to a new router. Since then my WD TV Live device loses the connection every 5 minutes because of the new error code 25.

[I cannot go back to the old router, as the new one is enforced by the cable provider]

As a last resort, I have followed today your advice and changed the router settings, forwarding the port 5201, despite that my SlingBox model does not use it, and indeed, it did not help

I am not sure if the Country Selector is helpful, as it deals, in my opinion with the encoding of the cable providers. For instance, I needed to select Switzerland, Denmark or Israel in order to get sound to my streamed media. I may try to play with this setting...

Streaming in Desktop app and in browser works without the error code 25, but is not practical as I prefer to watch content on TV, and use a remote control.

I'm afraid there is not much I can do on my end, as the Sling Player settings provided to end-users are limited on WD TV Live, but at least I tried and opened a ticked with WD.

If that will not help, I may buy an Android box +install the SlingPlayer client app.

sakisson Novice

Hi Bradut,

You could replicate the sling player software on a of browser and find out if the problem persists - at least you will k ow if it's a slingbox or WD issue

Here is the link

http://slingplayer.slingbox.com/embedded/slingplayer.php

Also slingbox pro-HD use by default port 5001

You can check if that port is open using this link from a pc at the host location

www.yougetsinal.com and then portforwarding tester

bradut

Hi Sakisson,

Thank you for suggestion and links.Yes, port 5001 is open, and I can watch content from my Slingbox in browser, desktop application and tablet app, so I think it is a WD issue.

I have contacted the WD support and they answered me immediately, suggesting to perform a hard reset , or a soft reset to the factory settings.Unfortunately, none of them solved the problem.

The next thing they suggested is to downgrade the WD TV software, which I will try in the coming days.I will post updates of my progress.

Thank you again,Bradut

To: Bradut Dima <bradutdima@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2016 10:32 AM

Subject: Re:  - Slingbox Pro HD - WD TV Code 27 error

Slingbox Pro HD - WD TV Code 27 error

reply from sakisson in Connecting to your Slingbox - View the full discussionHi Bradut, You could replicate the sling player software on a of browser and find out if the problem persists - at least you will k ow if it's a slingbox or WD issueHere is the link http://slingplayer.slingbox.com/embedded/slingplayer.phpAlso slingbox pro-HD use by default port 5001 You can check if that port is open using this link from a pc at the host location www.yougetsinal.com and then portforwarding tester

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Connecting to your Slingbox by email or at Slingbox Answers Forum

|  Following Slingbox Pro HD - WD TV Code 27 error in these streams: Inbox

sakisson Novice

Your welcome!

I have seen a minix u1 media player. It has android os and access to Google App Store where you can download the sling app for tablets in addition that your tv will be an android tablet. as an alternative to the WD box in case.

I'm not sure if your WD box is wifi or cable connected / try to switch connections if possible

sakisson Novice

In addition to my previous mail as you have mentioned that it worked with your previous router , try to see if it's possible to narrow down the MTU settings of your router from 1500 to 1370 or 1470

bradut

Hi Sakisson,

Thank you for suggestions and info.

I've tried over the weekend all possible combination of internet connections, and still did not solve the issue.Regardless of the connection on my side: Ethernet over Power cable, Wi-Fi, Ethernet cable; the SlingPlayer app in my WD TV Live keeps on throwing the error code 25 after at most 4 minutes and 50 secondsUsually the error occurs between 4'30" and 4'50". I will try next weekend to modify the MTU in the remote router to which the Slingbox is connected.

As a last resort, I will go for an Adroid box such as the Minix U1 you suggested, which seems to have nice features and has excellent reviews on Amazon.

Thank you,Bradut