7 Replies Latest reply: Dec 3, 2013 7:04 AM by danpont RSS

My Slingbox 500 go on and off

danpont

My slingbox go on and off, can not watch TV

• Re: My Slingbox 500 go on and off
          Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello danpont,

I want to see if I can help you, but need a little more information. Is you Slingbox powering on and off by itself, or your TV? Are you seeing any error messages either on the TV or when trying to use Watch on SLingbox.com or a mobile SlingPlayer app? What are the LED lights on your Slingbox doing..  flashing, staying on or off etc?

Thanks,

Matt

danpont

HI Matt, the code was V200, it was not powering the tv on and off, the tv still on, it was switching on the tv screen from Slingbox display and tv program, it was going on and off by it self and I did not have any control over it, it was out a hand. I shot the power off for 15 secondes, nothing apen, it came back.

Everything was back to normal in the morning.

The two light on the left were on and the light on the right was on and off (+-)

This is the best that I remember, I thig the best thing to do was to let it go.

Hope you are able to read me.

Thank’s for the support. Dan

Colbaire

I am having the exact same issue. Slingbox will randomly turn on for no apparent reason while I am watching TV. Then, I am not able to watch any channels until Slingbox turns itself off again. There are no error codes/messages displayed and there is nothing I can push to return to the programming I was watching. I just have to sit and wait for 2-5 minutes each time this happens and it is very frustrating. And though this happens at completely random times, it usually happens twice at a time, with a couple hours in between.

Please help.

Brandon

danpont

Welcome in the club,

I did not have any more surprise, everything is back to normal.

I had problem a month ago wen I restart my Slingbox 500 to see if everything was working right before I leave for vacation. I had hard time to put it back on line.

Wen I did part of the programmation I answer (yes) to received informations for update and news products, it could be it because wen I had this problem there was avertising on the screen.

We may have a point in commun.

danpont

craig.sling Novice

Hello danpont,

Are you still having the same issue? If you are you should try to hard reset the unit by holding the reset on the back of the unit for over 10 seconds. You may be experiencing an issue with the unit trying to install a update. If it continues to reset like that over and over you can hard reset and walk through the setup again. This way if there was an issue with the newest firmware installing on your Slingbox it would be cleared and reinstalled. You may want to look into the article below.

Hope this helps

Sling Moderation Team

danpont

Everything was back to normal in the morning.

danpont