2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2013 7:58 PM by ACC5811977 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

No audio

specky

I have a scientific atlanta explorer model 8300hdc

I own a slingbox 500

I connected cable box to the slingbox using HDMI cables (out on the cable box in on slingbox)

I connected slingox to my tv via HDMI cables (out on slingbox in on tv HDMI ! port)

Turned on device picture no sound

Then i conected the red/blue/green cables (out on cable box in on slingbox)

Still no audio picture is fine

Then I tried red/white audio cables (out cable bos in on slingbox)

still no audio

Next i tried connecting red/blue/green cables (out slingbox in on tv)

still no audio

Then i connected red/white cables (out slingbox in tv)

Still no audio

Works great on my computer connected ethernet.

Tried reset no luck

please advise what I am doing wrong as I watched the setup video and used the quick quide no luck

• Re: No audio
          craig.sling Novice

Hello specky,

Thank you for posting on the answer forums. With the information you are providing me it sounds like an issue  on the cable box its self. What you can check is if you go into the audio settings on the cable box there should be an optimize or volume settings. Sometimes when connecting the  HDMI in the cable box turns off other outputs (component) and makes it impossible to get audio even when running the cables to your TV. You can contact the cable component if you can not find the setting on the cable box to turn on the audio.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Media Tech Support