2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 6:05 PM by thor2j RSS

Port Forwarding for Asus RT-AC66R

thor2j

Got a new router and cant configure it for remote viewing. I have slinbox hd pro. went to router setup, choose name, port range=5001, ip of slingbox, port=5001, and both. Still will not allow viewing. Any ideas.

Thanks!

• Re: Port Forwarding for Asus RT-AC66R
          craig.sling Novice

Hello thor2j,

Thank you for posting on the answer forums. With the Pro HD you have the correct port open. You would also want to make sure that TCP is open during your port forward page. I will post a few article that I would like you look into. The articles are listed below.

If you use the guides on the second link you would be able to pick your router and walk right through the setup for your Slingbox.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

• Re: Port Forwarding for Asus RT-AC66R
              thor2j

Unfortunetly that doesnt work. The directions on portforward for my asus RT-AC66R doesnt show an local IP filled in. It will not save it without this. If I put the ip of the slingbox it still doesnt work.

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 11:20:37 -0800

To: thor2j@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - Port Forwarding for Asus RT-AC66R

Slingbox Answers Forum

Port Forwarding for Asus RT-AC66R

reply from cr4ig4llen in Networking your Slingbox - View the full discussion

Hello thor2j,

Thank you for posting on the answer forums. With the Pro HD you have the correct port open. You would also want to make sure that TCP is open during your port forward page. I will post a few article that I would like you look into. The articles are listed below.

What's port forwarding/port mapping?

http://portforward.com/

If you use the guides on the second link you would be able to pick your router and walk right through the setup for your Slingbox.

Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Sling Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in Networking your Slingbox at Slingbox Answers Forum