5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2013 8:29 AM by OvCollyer RSS

Unsupported video signal (like 1080p) detected

mrrkmmrr

My sound works my TV guide works but I get no picture I ony get this message  Unsupported video signal (like 1080p) detected

Can anybody help me with this ???

Thanks and Regards

Marc

• Re: Unsupported video signal (like 1080p) detected
          OvCollyer Apprentice

You need to provide more details - such as what is your video source, resolution and framerate, what cables/input are you using to your Slingbox, etc.

mrrkmmrr

I use the components cable blue green and red and also the red and white for sound.  I do see the tv guide with the proper channels selection and I also can hear the sound but no picture and i double check the cable connections.

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 03:56:25 -0800

To: marclacharite@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - Unsupported video signal (like 1080p) detected

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from OvCollyer in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions - View the full discussion

You need to provide more details - such as what is your video source, resolution and framerate, what cables/input are you using to your Slingbox, etc.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum

OvCollyer Apprentice

You still haven't said what your source is - is it cable, satellite, DVD, bluray etc, and what resolution/framerate you are feeding into your Slingbox with the component cable.

Also, is your source connected via HDMI to the TV - there is a form of copy protection that would stop the output from component when HDMI is being used - check this site for some articles about that, you need to search for HDCP.

An article went up recently explaining which resolutions/framerates the Pro-HD accepts, I'd also suggest you try and find that.

But in all honesty, I'm not going to try and drag information about your setup out of you, but you'll find people are more likely to help you if you furnish them with as much information as possible rather than open with vague statements about things not working

mrrkmmrr

My source is a cable box (Cisco CIS 430).  The cable comes from the wall and goes into the cable box.  I hook up my cables from the slingbox to the cable box with the right color and the letter Y ect...

No HDMI Cables are used.

and what resolution/framerate you are feeding into your Slingbox with the component cable. That I'm not sure where I can find that.

Marc

Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 08:01:29 -0800

To: marclacharite@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: - Unsupported video signal (like 1080p) detected

Slingbox Answers Forum

reply from OvCollyer in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions - View the full discussion

You still haven't said what your source is - is it cable, satellite, DVD, bluray etc, and what resolution/framerate you are feeding into your Slingbox with the component cable.

Also, is your source connected via HDMI to the TV - there is a form of copy protection that would stop the output from component when HDMI is being used - check this site for some articles about that, you need to search for HDCP.

An article went up recently explaining which resolutions/framerates the Pro-HD accepts, I'd suggest you try and find that.

But in all honesty, I'm not going to try and drag information about your setup out of you, but you'll find people are more likely to help you if you furnish them with as much information as possible rather than open with vague statements about things not working 

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General Slingbox PRO-HD Questions at Slingbox Answers Forum