3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2013 3:46 PM by craig.sling RSS

Cant hear anything but screetching sound

Ramak23

I just downloaded app on Iphone 5 and althouth the screen comes in clear, I cant hear any thing but an annoying screetching sound. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and it is the same story. Anyone know what to do?  I read on some of the app store reviews that the new update is causing people problems but I didnt see this particular problem listed.

• Re: Cant hear anything but screetching sound
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey Ramak23,

Sorry for the inconvenience! I would like to know a little more about this to assist you. Do you hear this "screeching" sound when connecting to your Slingbox on any other device?

Awaiting your reply!

Best Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team

Ramak23

looks like the problem is not exclusive to  my iphone. the same thing is happening when i launch it from my surface tablet. i didnt notice it when i originally tried it from the tablet because i was home and had my tv on in the back ground with the actual tv volume on.

craig.sling Novice

Hello Ramak23,

So the problem persist over multiple devices. I have a question for you. How is the Sound other than the screetching? Is the sound extremely low? I have seen this issue when the cable box has a low output sound and the player is trying to make that low audio loud. What you can try is going into the Audio settings of the cable box and make sure they are turned up. You can sometimes find an option called optimize audio you can try that also. Let us know what you find.

Hope this helps

Sling Moderation Team