4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2013 12:58 PM by buddysax RSS

New cable box

buddysax

I recently got a new samsung cable box and now have only one audio out. My old box had multiple audio outs where I could use the red and white cables from the tv to the cable box audio out. The other red and whites went from the sling to the cable box. Now that I have only one audio out on my box I get picture but no sound with my sling mobile apps. Any help?

Updated now I can get audio on my sling mobile but my tv has to be powered on. This is a big problem because I can not turn the tv on remotely and will also be disturbing people at home by turning on tv.

• Re: New cable box
          alanrichey42 Master

Just buy a couple of RCA splitters so you can drive both the TV and the Slingbox from the single audio ouput.

Image1.jpg

buddysax

Thank you so much for your help. So I guess I need the rca splitter in the picture along with a female y adapter splitter to create the second output. Like I said I need to somehow multiply the single composite audio output on my cable box. Thanks again

alanrichey42 Master

No, you just need two of those, one for the red and one for the white.   The single end plugs into the cable box and then you need the usual male-male cables to connect one output to the TV and one to the Slingbox.   Can't think of any reason to get a female splitter ?

buddysax

Thank you my friend that was dumb of me. I don't know why my brain would not let me process that one would split red and one would split white. I will pick up some splitters up  after work and try them out .

Now I have to deal with this digital converter thing for the internal tuner