1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 10:42 AM by anthony.sling RSS

Nexus 7 loses sling box connection

ltweb

My sling box is working fine on my computer but when I try to watch the app on my Nexus 7 it connects for about 20-30 seconds and then says it list connection sure to poor internet quality.  However I have a great connection and have no problem with Netflix or xfinity on demand.  Does anybody know the reason the app is messing up so much?

• Re: Nexus 7 loses sling box connection
          anthony.sling Apprentice

Hey ltweb,

Thanks for using our forums website! After performing a quick scan on your Slingbox, it shows that TCP is not supported. This would be one of the main protocols that the Slingbox uses to stream to mobile devices such as a tablet or phone. To get this protocol to be supported, you can go to setup.slingbox.com, and configure for internet viewing. If this does not help, you may need to add a port forwarding rule on your router to allow the Slingbox's IP address through port 5001. If you go to portforward.com, and search for your manufacturer and model of router, it will instruct you on which settings to change.

If you have any other questions, feel free to respond of give us a call at 1-877-467-5464. We are open seven days a week, from 10:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Best Regards,

The Sling Media Moderation Team