1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 23, 2014 9:03 AM by kevin.sling RSS

How can I connect a Slingbox 350 using a coax input

tomfl

I live in a condo that buys basic cable service.  There is a coax cable comming out of the wall leading to a box with a coax in and a coax out.  My first idea was to buy a demodulator from Radio Shack or ebay to convert the coax to composite but I am wondering if anyone else has had this issue and came up with a better workaround.  Another option is to buy an older Slingbox Pro off ebay that already has a coax input.

Thanks in advance.

• Re: How can I connect a Slingbox 350 using a coax input
          kevin.sling Apprentice

Hello tomfl,

Just wanted to let you know that the if you connect the coaxial connection to a VCR that has a Composite (Yellow, Red, White) outputs on it. you can use the VCR as a cable box. 

Follow these steps:

1. Connect the coaxial to the input of the VCR.
          2. Connect Composite from the output of the VCR to the input of the Slingbox.
          3. Then go to www.slingbox.com and log into your Sling Account.
          4. Select "WATCH" and then set your Slingbox up.  When it asks for a cable model model number/manufacturer, input the name of the VCR so you can use the Internal Tuner as your cable box.

Please keep in mind that is will only work if your cable provider is not scrambling any channels.

Hope this helps!!!

Kevin

Sling Media Moderation Team