6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 6, 2013 12:11 AM by arbelkf RSS

Hello, Questions about Slingbox 350

arbelkf
      I am new here, and still didn't buy the slingbox.
      1) Can anyone tell me what are the diffrences between "Sling Media Slingbox 350 Nord./Engl./Dutch Your home theater on the move, SB350-110 " and other Slingbox 350?
      Maybe there is no diffrence?
      2) Is the diffrence between Slingbox 350 and Slingbox 500 from the HD prespective is only the fact that the 500 have HDMI connector? does it makes streaming quality downgrade also?
        • Re: Hello, Questions about Slingbox 350
          Matt.Sling Apprentice

Hello arbelkf,

There is only one Slingbox 350 (other than power supplies for different markets).

This article, Should I upgrade my Slingbox? outlines the differences between the Slingbox models.

Hope this helps!

-Matt

arbelkf

I would like to thank you for your fast answer.

If I may - I would like to ask a following question:

I know that the support for the international countries is on the way,

But for now, I want to see my transmission from Israel into Germany, I read on one of the post that Israel is not included for the 350,

can I teach the remote by the local remote ? or maybe can install the remote setting sonehow?

I know that the settings are available for the Slingbox Solo - Maybe I can copy those settings?

alanrichey42 Master
                  I know that the support for the international countries is on the way,

But for now, I want to see my transmission from Israel into Germany, I read on one of the post that Israel is not included for the 350,

can I teach the remote by the local remote ? or maybe can install the remote setting sonehow?

I know that the settings are available for the Slingbox Solo - Maybe I can copy those settings?

You misunderstand.   The 'international' support applies ONLY to the Program Guide and Technical Support.   Streaming and Remote Control settings are available to everyone.   There are lots of us around the world happily running 350/500 Slingboxes that were imported from the USA.

When you set up the 350 and it asks for country, simply select USA and a valid ZIP code (90210 is a favourite) so it can install a 'dummy' program guide.

dewdude Newbie

arbelkf wrote:

I am new here, and still didn't buy the slingbox.
                1) Can anyone tell me what are the diffrences between "Sling Media Slingbox 350 Nord./Engl./Dutch Your home theater on the move, SB350-110 " and other Slingbox 350?
                Maybe there is no diffrence?
                2) Is the diffrence between Slingbox 350 and Slingbox 500 from the HD prespective is only the fact that the 500 have HDMI connector? does it makes streaming quality downgrade also?

To answer your second question; the only major differences between the two appear to be the HDMI connector; photos; and restreaming things like Blockbuster On Demand. The 350 does not have "downgraded" streaming compared to the 500; they will produce the exact same  quality feed.

OvCollyer Apprentice

Streaming should be the same between the 350 and 500 but currently there is a bug in the 350 firmware which makes remote commands take considerably longer than they do with the 500.

Sling have said they are investigating it but haven't yet given an ETA for releasing a fix.