3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 4:21 PM by ACC564907 RSS

Screen freezing since Windows 8.1 upgrade

ACC564907

Until last week when I upgraded from Windows 8 to 8.1, I had no problems.  Since then, when accessing my SlingBox remotely on my Windows 8.1 laptop, the screen freezes.  I have tried to isolate the problem, but have no technical expertise.  It is not due to platform (no problems with Windows 7 laptops, Windows phone or iPad mini), location (other platforms work at home and different locations), or operating system (Windows 7, Windows phone, iOS and the old Windows 8 worked).

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

• Re: Screen freezing since Windows 8.1 upgrade
          airsyspro

I have the same problem. The only solution I found was to use Firefox. Hopefully the "Sling" people will get this corrected soon!

katie.sling Apprentice

Hello ACC564907,

Thank you for your interest in our answers forum. I can see why you would be concered about the issue of not being able to get the Slingbox working correctly on Windows 8.1. Please check out this article for more information.

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

ACC564907

Thank you for your response.

Subsequent to my posting, I was able to talk to a person in your support group.  He told me that this was a known problem and that there was nothing he could do for me.  If this is the case, and I have no reason to doubt him, perhaps a notice of some sort would be appropriate.  Also, he told me that he  and couldn't say if this would be fixed and that I should just keep trying from time to time.  As you can imagine, this is not a very satisfying response, even if true.  And this was about compatibility with a name brand operating system.

I eventually solved the problem by going back to Windows 8.0.  I would add that Microsoft's customer service was great.  They walked me through both the conversion and a subsequent non-compatibility issue with Office (I lost it when going back to 8.0).    All at no cost to me.

Thanks for letting me vent.  I like the Sling product and used to recommend that my friends buy it.

Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 07:48:43 -0800

To: crh012@msn.com

Subject: Re: - Screen freezing since Windows 8.1 upgrade

Slingbox Answers Forum

Screen freezing since Windows 8.1 upgrade

reply from katiehouppert in General questions - View the full discussion

Hello ACC564907,

Thank you for your interest in our answers forum. I can see why you would be concered about the issue of not being able to get the Slingbox working correctly on Windows 8.1. Please check out this article for more information.

What browsers and systems are supported by Watch on Slingbox.com?

Thank you,

The Sling Moderation Team

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Slingbox Answers Forum

Start a new discussion in General questions at Slingbox Answers Forum